Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard that last night as well. Apparently Hull have offered £3 million for him. Decent money I guess (if true) but he can do a lot better than fucking Hull!!!!

Hull are team on the up and in Europe.

Good move for him before he hopefully moves up another level in a couple of years.

Joy to watch, privilege to see him a couple of times last season.

If Robertson does end up going to Hull for a good amount, I definitely wouldn't be against to paying a decent amount to ICT for Shinnie.

I'd prefer him to stay with us, obviously, but I realise with a good offer, that's unlikely to be the case. Thank Christ it isn't West Ham at least.

ABWH.

To go with the other 'suggestions' over the past few weeks (1.5m, 2m, 2.5m, 3m), seen it suggested elsewhere that Lord Thompson DPhil MBE values Robertson at 4.5m. Hull now 'apparently' offering 3m and a season-long loan of their 6'4" Polish striker that they bought for 2.6m :huh:

4m cash up front or GTFO.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that a deal's been made between United and Hull? Looking around the internet everyone seems to agree that it's a done deal and he's off but I can't find a source for it as of yet. Even popping in and having a look on United mad the best they can come up with is that some of them have had a text saying he's off or that it's all over facebook that he's Hull-bound.

I hope it's all bollocks at the moment and Hull are yet to make another bid. As Gibby said, losing Gauld was bearable because we were only ever going to see flashes of his potential at United and we're also well covered in his position anyway. Selling Robertson would not only really weaken the team but also damage a fair bit of the optimism amongst our support for the coming season.

If he is set to leave though then at least we'll have earned a fair whack of money for him and I really can't begrudge a bigger move because he's honestly been one of the most enjoyable players I've seen in my years as a season ticket holder at United.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that a deal's been made between United and Hull? Looking around the internet everyone seems to agree that it's a done deal and he's off but I can't find a source for it as of yet.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

'Strong rumours' are simply the ones repeated most often. He had apparently signed last night, even though he was still in Forfar at 10pm.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

'Strong rumours' are simply the ones repeated most often. He had apparently signed last night, even though he was still in Forfar at 10pm.

qjndwAl.png

Hull may not be the most glamorous of places but certainly isn't any worse than Dundee.

Hull will be strong next season, despite there chairman being a bawbag he is investing in their squad. They have already made some pretty good English signings so far and I reckon he would develop under Bruce. Getting first team football is his priority and that is something he could probably achieve at hull once he settles in.

McCarthy going to Wigan would be a decent comparison and he had played a lot more first team football than Robertson.

Edit - forgot they have brought in Snodgrass as well

Any of the utd young team going out on loan this year?we usualy get 1-2 players off yourself always decent too,not seen much in the paper.defenders and a striker would go down well :thumsup2

Sorry to butt in, we've just signed Jordan Allan who you released this summer. Am I right in thinking he's a left sided midfielder/winger?

Morton have signed Jordan Allan from you guys. Anyone know much about him? He played against Rotherham at the weekend but didn't look interested at all.

As mentioned, looked pish in the under 20`s.

Saw something kicking about Twitter that there`s a striker meeting up with the squad in Holland and McNamara confident a deal can be done. Any ideas folks?

I have started a football blog (everyone does these days) and as part of that I am profiling each Premiership team before the new season. I am trying to do a club a day and today it was United. I actually didn't enjoy writing about us as much as I thought I would, simply because I am trying to make each profile fairly even and there is much more I would like to say about us but couldn't.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if people took the time to have a wee read and if you have Twitter I can always use more followers! Cheers

Link

Twitter - @PerennialUnder

Any feedback is welcome!

Archived