Dundee United 2014/15 Season

While we're sort of vaguely discussing physicality, our team today was extraordinarily small, Mark Millar was one of our tallest players :lol: The future for us seems to be moving away from this perceived ruggedness if todays anything to go by, we were far better when the ball was on the floor than when it wasn't

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing is i dont think United should let Robbo go for less than £3million right now plus add ons. The lad Shaw at Southampton is no better than Robbo who also had a starring role for Scotland v Nigeria. We dont need to sell

While I agree with the sentiment of not letting guys go on the cheap, Shaw looks like a player with immense potential.

While we're sort of vaguely discussing physicality, our team today was extraordinarily small, Mark Millar was one of our tallest players :lol: The future for us seems to be moving away from this perceived ruggedness if todays anything to go by, we were far better when the ball was on the floor than when it wasn't

Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice .. you can't get fooled again.

While I agree with the sentiment of not letting guys go on the cheap, Shaw looks like a player with immense potential.

Aye and Manchester United have paid £30 million for that. But surely if theyve paid £30million United should be lookin for at least 10% of that figure for Robbo. Have every faith in Steven Thompson in whom United are lucky to have as we have the best chairman in the SPL at lookin out for his club both on and off the park

On the point of right backs, I really like Watson although he wasn't great last season. When he's on he's really good

Watson's a decent right back at this level, as is Dillon. As people have said, some of our fans expect an Andy Robertson-level player at right back. Andy Robertson's a freak.

Everybody's aware Watson is completely fucked injury wise though? I thought it was common knowledge.

Regarding the st johnstone point, when they came to tannadice and won 1-0 with that flukey goal, they basicslly kicked united off the park and didnt attempt to play football. However, in the following two games, they played some great football and essentially bullied united, whilst playing them off the park.

United can hopefully return the favour this season

The St.Johnstone games from Christmas onwards showed me that McNamara still has quite a bit to learn as a manager. They were perfect examples of an experienced coach with an experienced team managing to completely nullify any threat we had and McNamara couldn't deal with it. We played the same way with the same formation each time against the Saints and it just didn't work. Hopefully McNamara has learned from last year and we can see a bit of variety in our system and the ability to change when things aren't working.

People reading this thread would be under this impression we're basically the Scottish "Crazy Gang" who just run about kicking everything and play route one football

Hysterical people reading this thread would be under this impression we're basically the Scottish "Crazy Gang" who just run about kicking everything and play route one football

FTFY

A normal reader wouldn't ignore the main thrust of the topic, mainly that United were a bit of a soft touch last season, easily bullied by the more agricultural elements playing for other teams. Hopefully we've remedied that and will not be as easily bullied this coming season and will be doing a bit of the bullying ourselves to compliment the silky soccer.

People reading this thread would be under this impression we're basically the Scottish "Crazy Gang" who just run about kicking everything and play route one football

That was my view at first but that was changed with the last two games. Played some excellent footie

Our line-up for today's friendly against FC Utrecht is up on United's twitter:

Starting XI: Cierzniak, Spittal, Robertson, Dillon, Morris, Paton, Ciftci, Rankin, Dow, Armstrong and Mackay-Steven.

Subs: McCallum, Petrie, Smith, Telfer, Fraser, Graham, Erskine and Bilate.

It's a pretty strong line-up with Spittal at right back again it would appear. That's probably due to lack of options though with Watson and Wilson left home with injuries and now Souttar's out after being stretchered off on friday, in addition to Fojut still not being quite ready to play. Hopefully Bilate will get a decent bit of game time to see what he can do.

Aye and Manchester United have paid £30 million for that. But surely if theyve paid £30million United should be lookin for at least 10% of that figure for Robbo. Have every faith in Steven Thompson in whom United are lucky to have as we have the best chairman in the SPL at lookin out for his club both on and off the park

I love a Robertson/Shaw price comparison post.

Archived