Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst we would all like Jimmy to sign players for the rest of the season (hopefully he will) obviously it is difficult with players weighing up their options before they sign for anyone. Alloa have made four players offers and they have all went somewhere else. Barry Smith says they are competing against full time teams and they are losing out. We are in the same boat and I would rather Jimmy took his time and didn't panic sign. We need players who are going to make a difference. Here's hoping he can get what we need.

Whilst we would all like Jimmy to sign players for the rest of the season (hopefully he will) obviously it is difficult with players weighing up their options before they sign for anyone. Alloa have made four players offers and they have all went somewhere else. Barry Smith says they are competing against full time teams and they are losing out. We are in the same boat and I would rather Jimmy took his time and didn't panic sign. We need players who are going to make a difference. Here's hoping he can get what we need.

Thank you for a sensible post - without any made up quotes. The reality is and always has been we re doing our best to get some decent players in during the window. Yes we'd like to have them 2nd January but if it takes to 2nd February - I am afraid that is just the way it will be. If we don't get them it wont be for the want of trying but hey we might not get as good as we might want. We can only do our best and if that isn't good enough then more than happy to step aside and let someone else have a go.

Right so where in that article does it say ''we have two players lined up but won't quite sign them in time for the Livi game'?

It actually has two references to signing players

'hopefully I can get another two strikers aboard in the very near future'

'has indicated that two strikers will be coming to Cowden, but whether they are signed by this weekend remains to be seen'

Now those are both true quotes from the article. The manager's comment says he hopes he can get another two strikers in the near future whilst the paper says that he indicated two strikers will be coming to Cowden.

And that is where we are - nowhere does it suggest or is it capable of being accurately paraphrased that 'we have two players lined up'.

The article states we WILL sign two strikers then indicates that it remains to be seen whether they will be signed for the weekend. This clearly gives the indication that two players are lined up. No doubt you'll disagree but we expect that.

The article states we WILL sign two strikers then indicates that it remains to be seen whether they will be signed for the weekend. This clearly gives the indication that two players are lined up. No doubt you'll disagree but we expect that.

Is that the Royal we you are using now or are you paraphrasing?

Right so where in that article does it say ''we have two players lined up but won't quite sign them in time for the Livi game'?

It actually has two references to signing players

'hopefully I can get another two strikers aboard in the very near future'

'has indicated that two strikers will be coming to Cowden, but whether they are signed by this weekend remains to be seen'

Now those are both true quotes from the article. The manager's comment says he hopes he can get another two strikers in the near future whilst the paper says that he indicated two strikers will be coming to Cowden.

And that is where we are - nowhere does it suggest or is it capable of being accurately paraphrased that 'we have two players lined up'.

I was actually at the press conference after the Raith game which is the basis of Jimmy's interview in the following weeks issue of the CFT. What he said was he was hopeful of getting two new forwards in but it would probably be later in the month and unlikely to be before the Livi game.

Obviously he must have had a fair idea who he wanted and is perhaps still trying to get deals sorted out like everyone else on here I don't know who they were I presume one of them would be a loan signing in which case the club where the player currently is are perhaps holding off loaning guys out until they get their own squad sorted out for the rest of the season.

The other one I would also presume would be a free agent, unless we suddenly found the cash to pay a transfer for a player, and if the boy is any good other clubs would be after him as well so it would be all down to who pays the better wages.

Remember it's the press and highly likely there can be some misquoted mistakes.

Best to let it go.

We don't want pressure on Jimmy etc to sign rubbish.

CC is doing a great job behind the scenes along with others and the last thing we need is CC getting unnecessary pressure put on him.

Everyone needs to calm down and wait and see what players come in.

Let's not panic buy!

No one is putting pressure on him to sign someone, we are discussing that we badly need a striker. Everyone knows it. There's huge pressure on him to sign a decent striker after his holocaust of a pre season signing policy though.

No one is putting pressure on him to sign someone, we are discussing that we badly need a striker. Everyone knows it. There's huge pressure on him to sign a decent striker after his holocaust of a pre season signing policy though.

Some of the signings were questionable but that's football and happens at many clubs and that point on here has ran it's course.

Now we need to trust Jimmy to take the opportunity in the January window and get it right.But to get it right we don't want him to rush in or you will get people moaning about rubbish signings again!

It's a new year so let's focus on the potential positives that lie ahead for the club and not bang on about the negatives anymore of the signings pre season.

Time to move on Jurisic,Sutherland etc have so should the fans.

Keep believing lad,it's tough to take sometimes but we'll get there.

Archived