Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Has this loan singing been confirmed anywhere - can't see anything on t'interweb about it although I'm probably just looking badly.

Looks like a potentially good signing though.

It's on Robbie Buchanan's Twitter page. That's all I've seen on the matter.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buchanan sounds a promising replacement for Gallacher,

It's Baltic up here in Orkney this morning - reminds me of sitting in a blizzard inside the stand at Livingston on Saturday,

Maybe we could do with a reduction in temperature on this thread - after all, it's only a forum for crazed eejits.

Everyone's entitled to express an opinion, and should expect to have that opinion challenged. That's life.

I hope we have a real go at Hibs.

post-882-0-19086300-1421408125_thumb.jpg

Thought it was worth letting you guys know, Greg Stewarts just extended his contract with us until the end of 2016/17 season and has been arguably one of our best players this season. Cheers!

Thought it was worth letting you guys know, Greg Stewarts just extended his contract with us until the end of 2016/17 season and has been arguably one of our best players this season. Cheers!

Any chance we could have him back on loan until the end of the season? You're basically safe thanks to Ross County & St Mirren. Cheers.

Great to hear though - one of my favourite players I've seen play for us. Knew he'd do well but he's suprised me at how much he has done! Long may it continue.

I've been keeping a close eye on him and Hemmings. It seems Greg is doing a bit better although Hemmings is not getting a run in the team at Barnsley. That's the same mistake Rangers made. Well done to Greg Stewart he has certainly took the step up in his stride.

I've been keeping a close eye on him and Hemmings. It seems Greg is doing a bit better although Hemmings is not getting a run in the team at Barnsley. That's the same mistake Rangers made. Well done to Greg Stewart he has certainly took the step up in his stride.

I suppose it depends on the standard of the other forwards at Barnsley. Kane was hampered at the start of the season by being injured so I suppose everyone else had a head start on him.

Hemmings is a strange one, when he scored he played well but when he didn't he was usually stinking. His link up play wasn't great and neither was his hold up but he was fast and powerful when running at goal and could finish. Greg was totally different and I'm sure 99% of Cowden fans would agree he's the better player with far more to his game. My biggest gripe about Greg was he missed too many chances (he hit the keeper too much) but he has vastly improved that. A yard faster and he really could have went far in the game.

Hemmings is a strange one, when he scored he played well but when he didn't he was usually stinking. His link up play wasn't great and neither was his hold up but he was fast and powerful when running at goal and could finish. Greg was totally different and I'm sure 99% of Cowden fans would agree he's the better player with far more to his game. My biggest gripe about Greg was he missed too many chances (he hit the keeper too much) but he has vastly improved that. A yard faster and he really could have went far in the game.

How many yards faster would he have to have been to have bettered you in that game you guys played? :P

Been watching greg with great interest. Its brilliant to see the boy advancing. Obviously upped his fitness and he looks a bit faster/sharper.

always felt his shooting was weak but this greatly improved. He is now capable of scoring outside the box and has been doing so. Contrast to with us when he struck a 20 yarder like a wee lassie.

been played on the left alot too so brilliant goal contribution for an average side in the top league.

C'mon CC, get back in the game. Only need another striker and everyone will be happy! Hopefully Buchs mark 2 will be another successful loan signing. Great that we're heading through to Edinburgh tomorrow. Will be a good day out no matter what and that's what staying up last season was all about. The alternative to what what we will be experiencing tomorrow would be a home game against Airdrie!

C'mon CC, get back in the game. Only need another striker and everyone will be happy! Hopefully Buchs mark 2 will be another successful loan signing. Great that we're heading through to Edinburgh tomorrow. Will be a good day out no matter what and that's what staying up last season was all about. The alternative to what what we will be experiencing tomorrow would be a home game against Airdrie!

i agree totally. get the cowden cowboy back on here. often the only guy who writes things with realism.

i do work for a guy who is pretty well off financially and he puts a fair bit of money into the club he loves which is brilliant. it allows them to sign players and they are doing well. we talk about football alot and he said to me the other day 'aye but who really wants to go to cowden?'

it riled me for a minute ' a but we are in the championship with some big club' etc, but really he has a point. we must be last choice for any player going to sign for a championship club so up against big time. only because we have 'names' like donald findlay, colin cameron and jimmy nicoll have we managed to secure some excellent loan players.

only coo, i didnt know you and you came over and sponsored my marathon run in stuarts memory. i will always respect you for that. in this instance i feel you went a touch too far mate regarding cowden cowboy. he only gives his opinion. lets all be pals again. lifes too short for anything else.

Archived