Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disagree I am afraid apart from the players already mentioned.

How have we been so toothless in recent games then if all the players care?

I hope I am proved wrong with the players fighting for every ball and playing for the full ninety minutes.As of late I see know determination apart from the usual suspects

Not mentioned guys like Darren and Nat that for me are quality players. Think I have already given the reason why we are so 'toothless'....I still believe we have a very decent first eleven given the chance and some stability, we can still avoid the drop.

Not mentioned guys like Darren and Nat that for me are quality players. Think I have already given the reason why we are so 'toothless'....I still believe we have a very decent first eleven given the chance and some stability, we can still avoid the drop.

Yes fingers crossed.Yeah Darren and Nat to a degree are decent on their day

Yes fingers crossed.Yeah Darren and Nat to a degree are decent on their day

I think Darren and Nat are a lot more than just decent on their day.We are Cowdenbeath for gods sake.Cowden Cowboy,before his abdication regularly explained how difficult it is to get players to come to us that would take us to the next level.Our relative success in the last few years has come from the amount of young players we have progressed to the first team and some outstanding loan signings.This season our vastly experienced manager has signed anybody he could get,filled the team full of loan signings and generally played most of them outwith their best positions.The players are not toothless,they are leaderless.

I think Darren and Nat are a lot more than just decent on their day.We are Cowdenbeath for gods sake.Cowden Cowboy,before his abdication regularly explained how difficult it is to get players to come to us that would take us to the next level.Our relative success in the last few years has come from the amount of young players we have progressed to the first team and some outstanding loan signings.This season our vastly experienced manager has signed anybody he could get,filled the team full of loan signings and generally played most of them outwith their best positions.The players are not toothless,they are leaderless.

Who do you suggest leads our team then?

Due to the finance involved it would have to be Makel.I honestly have so little faith in Nicholl that i would be delighted if any one of a dozen Cowden posters on this forum picked the team from now til the end of the season.

Problem is, we have left it a bit late to replace the manager.Jimmy is a great guy, but I have no idea what his thinking is just now. Lee should be installed as manager imo. Jimmy put in a formation that helped save us last season, but tries not to use it this campaign to devastating results. No defence whatever his reluctance to play Brownlie in a back three.

A couple of observations to the last few pages if I may...

Livi would still be bottom at the moment points deduction included.

The Alloa game ought to have been the final straw and the Hearts game surely reinforces the message. We haven't looked like (we were there looking to be) winning many games this season.

It has to be someone from outside with no internal baggage that sees it through.

Any point in March is a bonus. A new manager makes it better than impossible. Status quo makes it a pipe dream.

Regardless of a players wage they should all show some fight and determination just like the ones you mentioned like Deano Chopper Kenny,Robbo.

I think Deano,Chopper,Kenny etc need to get a grip of these players and tell them what it's like fighting tooth and nail for the club.

Get Toorie in there, he'd soon get them motivated.

Due to the finance involved it would have to be Makel.I honestly have so little faith in Nicholl that i would be delighted if any one of a dozen Cowden posters on this forum picked the team from now til the end of the season.

Cowden posters on here have said all along the side or formation we need to use, but Jimmy has always chopped and changed from game to game, and it had killed us.just can't understand what he is thinking.

If we stay up this season and I hope it is under Jimmy I think a new manager will be brought into freshen things up. I speculate five potential candidates I think the chairman would go for.

Dick Campbell

Jimmy Calderwood

John Brown

Lee McCulloch Player Manager

Lee Makel

Worth a bit of debate.

Archived