Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

There we go guys - we've picked the team ourselves.

Thomson

Brett, Brownlie Armstrong, Wedderburn, Adamson

TOB

Robertson, Herron.

Nish, Kudus

It worries me how different the team will turn out to be!

I'd rather have Higgins than Nish.

Neither are a great option but Higgins at least might get us a goal. I can't see Nish ever scoring.

18 MONTHS!!!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nish doesnt warrant a start any longer. we have lost our identity under JN, Its the return of the suits on Saturday. All I ask from the players on Saturday is desire/heart/commitment and bravery. If they lack quality who cares but run and tackle and work for each other if I dont see that on Saturday then JN GTF.

I'd rather have Higgins than Nish.

Neither are a great option but Higgins at least might get us a goal. I can't see Nish ever scoring.

18 MONTHS!!!

I'm tempted to lose the signature on here. Or at least change it to Ruud Van Pishtelrooy.

thats the side i would pick at this moment, but still lacking goals i fear. Back 3/5 with tam sitting, as it was when we won the play off, Kenny for Rory the only change.

We're going to struggle up front, but given our heavy defeats the priority is to make ourselves difficult to beat at the moment. Need to get back to basics. If Chopper is fit enough then he must start alongside Nat & Brownlie in central defence. Thomson and Kenny are the only changes to the defence that finished last season strongly. They replace Flynn and McKeown. Kenny won't make the same attacking runs like Rory did, but it's defending not attacking we must concentrate on for now. Thomson is the equal of Flynn, so no change there. Wish we had this line up back, it would get us out of the mess we are in!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27360408

Funny as it may sound when news came thro to us of Hearts running up a cricket score I don't think there was one Sons fan who was anything other than sympathetic

Aye there was, there were at least 5 people up next to me pishing themselves laughing. I'm sure Cowden weren't sympathetic to us after any one of our pumpings this season, rightly so - we're in direct competition.

thats the side i would pick at this moment, but still lacking goals i fear. Back 3/5 with tam sitting, as it was when we won the play off, Kenny for Rory the only change.

neither of those 2 forwards have movement off the ball and neither are finishers who will score many. I would choose higgins over nish In that formation.

however, for this Saturday i would go 3-4-3 if i was jimmy nic.

if he remains in charge in some ways you have to admire him.

Whatever happens its about time we 'got fucked in aboot them'.

in their faces and boys getting subbed with 20 or 30 to go cos they have blown a gasket pressing the opponents.

Well hopefully the players will give everything on Saturday to get a result against Rangers. It might not happen even if they do give their all, but the fans will applaud the effort. All we want to see is the players put in a performance every game from now until the end of the season.

Well hopefully the players will give everything on Saturday to get a result against Rangers. It might not happen even if they do give their all, but the fans will applaud the effort. All we want to see is the players put in a performance every game from now until the end of the season.

Agree with this BM.

Currently pishing down with snow in Cowden although the long term forecast for the week seems ok.

Just seen something on facebook that makes me think the manager is going nowhere and has the backing of the board.

We intend to beat Rangers on Saturday. Aye right.

How can Donald continue to back Nicholl? The chairman left Tynecastle at 4-0 on Saturday and now he refuses to sack him despite the fact he can't stay and watch the "football" that Nicholl has us "playing".

Nicholl is ruining this club and undoing years of hard work by the board.

Seems all the board and not just Donald have come out fighting. There message ' lets all get behind the team'.

No apologies for the ten nil loss, and no backing of the manager.

Not sure if it's the board who should be apologising. They'll be feeling just as bad as us, they are all fans too.

We'll always get behind the team if they are doing their bit.

Seems all the board and not just Donald have come out fighting. There message ' lets all get behind the team'.

No apologies for the ten nil loss, and no backing of the manager.

Think it would just be Jimmy who needs to apologise for last weekend. Possibly see an apology in the programme one week soon.

In all fairness I can understand the message of get behind the team. We still have a chance of staying up and our recent successes have been achieved mainly down to the team and fans all uniting and going towards a common goal.

Now we've fans tearing tickets up for games and refusing to come back until Nicholl goes. Jimmy really for the greater good needs to walk. I can understand how he wants to make up for last Saturday but we'd all prefer if he just left and gave us a chance of staying up.

Im not saying the board should apologise. Just that this is the only statements from the club. There should have been 1 from the club apologising, on behalf of the manager, players or whatever.

if i wasnt in Manchester I would have been at tynecastle. Its a dear game to go to and i would be absolutely raging.

Its been treated by the club like an ordinary defeat which it most certainly was not.

Archived