Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

As always, who stops folk being honest and saying what they like? That doesn't happen. Those who love to criticise and 'be honest' though seem awfully sensitive when they are in turn criticised!

More then happy to back up anything I say any time. It's clear we aren't near good enough. 4-4-2 doesn't work for us. Flynn should play. Nichol should take the full blame for our dismal squad.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess most folks would accept it was almost impossible to replace a 40 goal championship strike force. Then again it is way too early for any sort of definitive claims and conclusions being thrown around. Looking at squad, for example, my recollection on here too is that views were that (some) fans didn't want Campbell (Dumbarton) or Spence/Buchanan (Alloa) to be signed. Its awfully easy to say who you don't want much harder to get who you might want - against full time, better off rivals.

How did Robbie Thompson do today for you?

2 bad goals a good keeper would deal with. The first a fairly tame shot under him and the second a shot parried into the six yard box instead of out or by the post. Surface was skighty but both should have been dealt with. Not all the keepers fault today tho. Higgins missing from no yards to finish the tie and a pedestrian, non tackling midfield disnae help. Plenty of improvement required. Still to be convinced on Sutherland/ Johnston also.

I presume this is the same Robbie Thomson that was formerly at Stenny on loan? He conceded 7 last time he faced us and was accountable for at least 3 if I remember correctly. Stenny fans raved about him but that's two games where he's looked brutal against us.

Edit: found the highlights

There is absolutely no way that we can play 4-4-2 with that squad. If Jimmy didn't want to play 3-5-2 then he should have brought in the players to fit a new system instead of trying to put square pegs in round holes. Robertson and Stewart are not wide players and go missing when they are played out there. In saying that, Robertson was the only player trying to do something in the second half. He was partly to blame for the first goal as well. I've said it before but Wedderburn can't play in a back four. He was full of mistakes today and just about cost us a few times. A back three with Brownlie coming back into defense is a must. Darren is NOT a midfielder.

Flynn doesn't deserved to be dropped AGAIN and surely after that display from Thomson, he will be reinstated.

The Slovakian boy that played on Tuesday said that he will be signing on Monday. He is a striker who played in Austria last season.

Our signings are average,nothing to get excited about.flynn will play maybe jimmy just wanted to give this lad game time!!. Miller was very good at right back no doubt about it, chopper and kenny good also.cant play tob and kane when playing teams we should beat.against a rangers or hibs etc I understand the concept

I presume this is the same Robbie Thomson that was formerly at Stenny on loan? He conceded 7 last time he faced us and was accountable for at least 3 if I remember correctly. Stenny fans raved about him but that's two games where he's looked brutal against us.

Edit: found the highlights

Certainly looks and keeps goal like the one playing today. Somebody confirm? The second goal is very similar to Brechins second today which makes him serial offender. Very worrying.

JIMMY, FLYNN MUST START!!!!!!!!!!!

Our signings are average,nothing to get excited about.flynn will play maybe jimmy just wanted to give this lad game time!!. Miller was very good at right back no doubt about it, chopper and kenny good also.cant play tob and kane when playing teams we should beat.against a rangers or hibs etc I understand the concept

Agree Miller had a good game. No-one else did. Thought Sutherland showed some nice touches but wasn't involved enough. Seemed to be holding his groin when he went off which is worrying.

Strange how Cowden seem determined to drop Flynn every season, probably one of (if not the) best part-time keepers in the country imo. Certainly better than Adam, Usai & by the looks of it Thomson.

We didn't really have anyone else to play in the middle because they were playing on the wings. The players we had available today were perfectly suited to a 3-5-2.

Certainly looks and keeps goal like the one playing today. Somebody confirm? The second goal is very similar to Brechins second today which makes him serial offender. Very worrying.

JIMMY, FLYNN MUST START!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the same Robbie Thompson, formerly of Celtic aswell and son of ex Dundee utd and Dunfermline goalkeeper Scott Thompson.

Heard mixed reviews about him in the past and keen to see how he does in what will need to be a good season for him as he's slowly sliding down the leagues!

If only our management would realise it. Maybe they do and they're keeping Flynn for league games and Thomson for cups as Mourhino would do. The lad'll get 2 games a season then.

Yes the same Robbie Thompson, formerly of Celtic aswell and son of ex Dundee utd and Dunfermline goalkeeper Scott Thompson.

Heard mixed reviews about him in the past and keen to see how he does in what will need to be a good season for him as he's slowly sliding down the leagues!

CV looks ok. But after today and lookin at that clip, he isn't improving with age /experience. Has stuff to work on, especially going down to his left - the ball must go wide if not held, not fumbled or pushed back into the 6 yard box

As with any Cowden player I hope he proves us wrong and comes on to a strong game but Flynn must start now.

Improvement required.

Archived