f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumour that Somerset Boab is reworking Del Amitri's "Don't Come Home Too Soon" to commemorate Roberts trip to America?

I hadn't heard that, but I'm "always the last to know".

Surely there has to be some signing news in this weeks Ayrshire Post

Aye Bob and Anna Smith from Coylton signed on with Weatherseal and got 50% off their conservatory. That's the only signing news likely to feature.

Nobody wants to train in Ayr, play for Roberts or get paid the shite wages the club offers especially having to travel 2/3 times a week to training (60-70 mile round trip). Even Stranraer train in the Glasgow area FFS !

To be fair if nobody wants to come to Ayr to train - f**k them!

Is anyone planning on a spying mission at pre-season training, to see if there are any potential signings? Are we even back? Is it just me or does pre-season seem extremely early this year.

To be fair if nobody wants to come to Ayr to train - f**k them!

Is anyone planning on a spying mission at pre-season training, to see if there are any potential signings? Are we even back? Is it just me or does pre-season seem extremely early this year.

Exactly, I work in Glasgow and manage to get back to Ayr just after 6 every night or a little later if I'm in Perth. If they want to play for Ayr United they'll make the effort to get here. That moderate commitment says a lot about a player and their desire to play for us.

Unless something has changed recently, the team train at Belmont. I think it's still on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I haven't been down there for a kickabout yet this summer but I don't usually see them there training until about mid-July.

Also, I don't think anyone would argue that going between Ayr and Glasgow a couple of nights a week is unmanageable. The issue is that there are plenty of teams who train in Glasgow and if you're a player in the Glasgow area, why bother travelling to Ayr? What can Ayr offer that a team closer to home can't?

Exactly, I work in Glasgow and manage to get back to Ayr just after 6 every night or a little later if I'm in Perth. If they want to play for Ayr United they'll make the effort to get here. That moderate commitment says a lot about a player and their desire to play for us.

IIBH. I haven't witnessed that much commitment since Marko moved training to Ayr

Surely there has to be some signing news in this weeks Ayrshire Post

"This was part of the plan for me. I knew we would be in this boat at this stage of the summer.

"The thing is, the fans may be getting a bit twitchy, but they should not panic.

"I have got around ten or so players coming into pre-season for trials... We have the players who are interested.

"But, we are a part time club and are looking for a special type of player. I did not think I would get all my business done early to be fair.

"I wanted to be able to have a look at players before we committed on them. We are in that situation now."

That's actually Brian Reid in this week's Nuneaton News but I'd expect something similar.

Ayr boss hopeful of landing new faces | Ayr Advertiser - http://goo.gl/3CPJdl

"There are still nearly four weeks until our first home friendly against Crusaders. There is no real need to panic at this stage, fans can say what they like".

I've lost count the amount of times Roberts has said something about not carring what the fans say.

"We look forward to the Morton match and its interesting that a couple of our players, David Hutton and Scott McLaughlin used to be with them."

Oh mark, what fascinating chat. I mean has that happened before? Gee whizz must be some kind of record or something. Remember this one for the pub quiz folks

Archived