Elgin City signings

So far, you've basically signed ONE new player for a team who were absolutely dreadful last season. You're being optimistic to say the least :lol:

I'm not particularly in agreement with him but you could at least read the thread before jumping in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little bird tells me that we may be signing another player from Nairn... a striker.

Is it Gethins? I heard the other day that he's unhappy at Nairn and looking for a move. No idea how we'd afford him though (although, I was saying similar about Moore before he signed).

It's a bit early to get carried away but I don't think there's anything wrong with being a tad optimistic at the moment. We've made some good signings already with more being promised and I've got a feeling that the club finally going with a predominantly North based squad will prove to be a great move.

Is it Gethins? I heard the other day that he's unhappy at Nairn and looking for a move. No idea how we'd afford him though (although, I was saying similar about Moore before he signed).

It's a bit early to get carried away but I don't think there's anything wrong with being a tad optimistic at the moment. We've made some good signings already with more being promised and I've got a feeling that the club finally going with a predominantly North based squad will prove to be a great move.

That's what I've heard.

I think many of our problems over the past few (ok, many) seasons has been that we don't train together. Even an average squad of players that do train together regularly can do reasonably well (see Clyde for example :P ).

With the signings we have/will/or could be making I think we'll do alright... :rolleyes:

Gibson played in our last 5 or 6 games in which we had a couple of wins and a draw, far better results than before. If we show a bit more consistency, we'll finish higher up. Let the Clyde fans laugh, we were keich last season, letting them finish above us for the first time when we've been in the same league.

Wont say we have a cracking team, signing Gibson and Moore are a boost though. Didn't think Finlayson was anything special and never heard of Matthew Cooper so dont know how good he is and if we can keep Gunn and Sutherland (i think he will be gone) we will have a decent Squad. As elginite said, cant tell what will happen until the league starts but i think we will make an improvement next season and at least push for play-off's.

Wont say we have a cracking team, signing Gibson and Moore are a boost though. Didn't think Finlayson was anything special and never heard of Matthew Cooper so dont know how good he is and if we can keep Gunn and Sutherland (i think he will be gone) we will have a decent Squad. As elginite said, cant tell what will happen until the league starts but i think we will make an improvement next season and at least push for play-off's.

Gibson signed for Airdrie today. Do Elgin fans rate him?

Gibson signed for Airdrie today. Do Elgin fans rate him?

Gutted, thought that he had signed with us is what i had heard. Gibson's a very good keeper but as i have said before, communication could be better.

Archived