Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

Excellent news for Celtic. We could cling to the tiny hope that far superior managers like Clarke or McDermott take offence to the fact they are second choice behind Roy fucking Keane and tell them to ram it meaning they still end up with someone laughable, but it isn't likely.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for a minute it looked like there was a chance Celtic might not win the league next season. Shame, but they dodged a bullet with that one. If Roy was 1st choice though, who the f**k is 2nd choice, Jimmy Krankie?

8229DA74-958C-B4F9-F10218C95FA0C042.jpg

Left a few seasons ago.

He is on thin ice at villa, he should jump before he is pushed.

If he leaves and takes the Celtic job his reputation will be intact.

Fairly certain he just signed a new contract about 3 months ago.

He hasn't signed a new contract but, oddly, we're now being linked with appointing Keane... as Lambert's assistant manager!

Not sure what to make of that.

What's happening down there, has Lerner put the club up for sale?

Yes. It doesn't look like we've got a buyer yet but who knows? The Financial Fair Play rulings don't help. It used to be the only way teams could hope to compete with the mega-rich clubs would be to get a new billionaire owner and spend their way in. UEFA have now taken that option away too to preserve the status quo. So, realistically, any potential buyer is likely to be of the "wants to make a lot of money" variety than the "wants to win lots of trophies" sort.

Ah, just realised you're one of those fans who has to have a "big team".

I was born in and live in Birmingham. I've been a Villa season ticket holder for twenty-six years. If I was a glory-hunter I'd pick a team more successful than Villa!

Archived