Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

I understand, but don't forget just how shite we had been the year before, and for the previous decade except for the season under Wim.

Also I'm talking just as a fan.

Winning trebles, Champions League, European Finals

Ooft! Never experienced such success like that before. It was a magnificent time for us.

Again, one of the main reasons we'd been shite the year before was that Henrik Larsson broke his leg. IIRC, John Barnes actually had one of the best starts to the season of any Celtic manager, up until that catastrophe, and it all went shit-shaped almost immediately after.

Nonetheless though, I see exactly why you love O'Neill's Celtic so much, and I totally agree - an absolutely stupendous period, and we were lucky to see it.

I'm just saying, I think Strachan far exceeded expectations, and had a harder job than MON did, given what he had to play with.

Edit to add: I was sitting in the Jock Stein stand when Lubo trapped the ball with his arse in that drubbing of Hearts, and I remember how good it looked then, before it all went wrong.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mowbray would have done at least as well as Lennon, probably better, had he been lucky enough to manage Celtic in a Rangersless landscape.

Ah, now you're just trolling unfortunately.

Again, one of the main reasons we'd been shite the year before was that Henrik Larsson broke his leg. IIRC, John Barnes actually had one of the best starts to the season of any Celtic manager, up until that catastrophe, and it all went shit-shaped almost immediately after.

Nonetheless though, I see exactly why you love O'Neill's Celtic so much, and I totally agree - an absolutely stupendous period, and we were lucky to see it.

I'm just saying, I think Strachan far exceeded expectations, and had a harder job than MOH did, given what he had to play with.

Edit to add: I was sitting in the Jock Stein stand when Lubo trapped the ball with his arse in that drubbing of Hearts, and I remember how good it looked then, before it all went wrong.

Yeah I know what you mean regarding Strachan and I hold him in very high regard, no doubt he was a success for Celtic

Yeah I know what you mean regarding Strachan and I hold him in very high regard, no doubt he was a success for Celtic

Aye. Also worth remembering that if Henrik hadn't broken his leg in that season you're talking about, we'd never have had Martin O'Neill as manager, because it would all have been much closer.

Funny, how things turn out...

Aye. Also worth remembering that if Henrik hadn't broken his leg in that season you're talking about, we'd never have had Martin O'Neill as manager, because it would all have been much closer.

Funny, how things turn out for the better

Fixed that ;)

Ah, now you're just trolling unfortunately.

Seriously, how so?

Are you honestly suggesting that Mowbray would have failed to win the League and/or actually have notched up fewer Cups these last three seasons had he been in charge?

Because that would strike me as a remarkable claim.

Seriously, how so?

Are you honestly suggesting that Mowbray would have failed to win the League and/or actually have notched up fewer Cups these last three seasons had he been in charge?

Mowbray's Celtic rightly got a lot of grief for being toothless and shyting it in the face of a proper challenge, which is why he got the punt.

Maybe his team would've been more fearless without a serious challenge and maybe it wouldn't - I imagine teams go at us just as hard now as they did back when Rangers were around. Nonetheless, I imagine Mowbray would've done well in a Rangersless environment.

Seriously, how so?

Do you honestly believe this wouldn't have happened without Rangers in the league?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8583337.stm

Oh aye, let's not forget Lennon won the league with Rangers still in it, and in his 1st season as manager he finished 1 point behind arguably Rangers greatest ever manager on 92 points.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Scottish_Premier_League

But hey, You obviously know better than me and most Celtic fans to make that judgement on Lennon time as manager.

Let's be perfectly honest here, NO OF manager (now or in the past) is a success unless they won at least one treble and "9-in-a-row" hence Mon, Strachn, Mowbray, Lemon et all are FAILURES!!!!!

Edit: Dog jumped on keyboard whilst posting (obviously not of minded!)

Let's be perfectly honest here, NO OF manager (now or in the past) is a success unless they won at least one treble and "9-in-a-row" hence Mon, Strachn, Mowbray, Lemon et all are FAILURES!!!!!

Edit: Dog jumped on keyboard whilst posting (obviously not of minded!)

Won a treble during his first season. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe this wouldn't have happened without Rangers in the league?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8583337.stm

Useful link - cheers for posting it.

It confirms what I suspected but couldn't be arsed checking. ie. Despite that embarrassing scoreline, Celtic were miles clear of everyone bar Rangers and would therefore have won the league without Rangers being there... As Lennon's since done.

Thanks for the help with my case.

Useful link - cheers for posting it.

It confirms what I suspected but couldn't be arsed checking. ie. Despite that embarrassing scoreline, Celtic were miles clear of everyone bar Rangers and would therefore have won the league without Rangers being there... As Lennon's since done.

Thanks for the help with my case.

I'll have a word with Roy and see if he can throw a few games, to make it interesting, if you like.

Lennon beat beat Barcelona on a 10th of their budget, but has lost to 9 teams in Scotland 10 x their budget plus. A terrible record really and should not have a future in game. Considering internal divisions at Celtic coming out DD probably had him removed.

:lol:

Seriously.....what is your big thing about the Celtic management position?

Utterly tremendous acquisition. Celtic have somehow found a more detestable man than Lennon, and a worse manager aswell. Pretty much the best possible outcome for all

Had a belly laugh this morning at Bill McMurdo's latest idiotic post.

"Many Irish supporters believe that Keane is loyal only to himself and that his departure would be a betrayal of the nation and national team boss Martin O’Neill, especially at this late stage in the team’s preparations for Brazil.

"Should Keane leave the World Cup camp to take up the reins at Parkhead, it would very possibly create an awkward split between Celtic and the Republic. The club’s connection to and identification with ROI could be undermined if Keane was to be a pariah figure to the Irish supporters."

"Roy Keane, like Ally McCoist before him, is becoming a decent pundit with a sharp eye and great insight into the game."

:lol: :lol::lol:

Archived