West Super Premier League 2014/2015

.Stuart.

Peasie played if I'm right one game against a team that couldn't go down or win the league , meadow played 5 , my point is that as the season comes to an end teams who are safe don't give100% , there was only 2 teams who could win it they should have tried to play the last 2 or 3 games at the same time for an exciting finish for the punters

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We definitely let it slip that year when we drew our last 3 games when we should have won at Largs and at home to Ashfield in the last 2. 4 extra points could have made all the difference. Ultimately what has cost us is the lack of resources to have enough depth in the squad to cover injuries/suspension/loss of form when it comes down to the business end of the season. Being able to play right through the winter means our players get very little rest, so any niggly injuries don't get the chance to clear up. Teams seem to look fresher than us after the winter due to them getting an ad hoc break.

It's a fact that in almost every season since we moved in 2007 we've taken more points away from home than we have at home, even in the years we finished well up the table.

Squad looks decent this year provided we can keep key players fit.

Very pleased with the start we've made, result at Hermes was awful but it was a game we had enough chances to win.

Peasy23, do you think the side you have this year is better than the side that pushed meadow a couple of years ago? Leagues different now mind you with Talbot setting the standard. Great start by you guys

Hard to say tbh, don't think there is much between the two squads. I think we might have a little bit more cover this season. The young players that have come in have been terrific so far.

I went to meadow park as a neutral to watch meadow v petershill a few years ago.

Petershills first goal that day was one of the finest team goals I've ever seen in junior football and the passing and link up play was tremendous .

The goal was in the first half at the right hand goals if you were viewing from the grandstand but I can't remember who scored it.

The goal was in the first half at the right hand goals if you were viewing from the grandstand but I can't remember who scored it.

Stephen McGladrigan scored it, it came from a Meadow corner and we broke upfield and scored, something like 3 passes and we went from one end of the park to the other.

• 1 month later...

To discuss the premier league.

OK then. I think that Troon might just be finding their feet now in this league. A lot of draws but a good win on Saturday against Petershill.

Now we have just to go down to Beechwood on Saturday. Another 3 points in the bag!!

Hopefully we can pull away from the danger area.

In all seriousness as a outsider looking in it's once again a fascinating league. Talbot and meadow will go right to the wire for the title, quality teams like hurlford, Glenafton, beith, stuck in between and the rest looking to avoid the bottom three

MacDonald has done well at Shotts. Took a few heavy defeats but bounced back and gave themselves a respectable 12 points so far . Sign of a good manager that being able to pick your team up.

Kilbirnie haven't got going, seem to be underachieving a bit. Expect them to come good though.

Whoever loses out of Clydebank and Cumnock will go down i think both already are a bit detached.

My bottom three Clydebank, Cumnock and Shotts not sure what order though.

If meadow beat Talbot next month it's their title. I think meadow would even take a draw.

Dips is right 16 team league like the east is the way to go. Every year you look at the super first and you can pick out three or four teams who would compete well in the top league.

Agree with the 16 team set up as well

Talk of the fixtures is simple

Put out a fixture list at the start of the season including the cup weeks. If a game is postponed for whatever reason put it on the back burner. Then when call offs start to bite like our cup game there offer the team one of their games that's been called off . Is it just me that thinks Mr Robertson makes an easy job seem like quantum physics ?

#COTB

Agree with the 16 team set up as well

Talk of the fixtures is simple

Put out a fixture list at the start of the season including the cup weeks. If a game is postponed for whatever reason put it on the back burner. Then when call offs start to bite like our cup game there offer the team one of their games that's been called off . Is it just me that thinks Mr Robertson makes an easy job seem like quantum physics ?

#COTB

Stoneywood have a provisional fixture against Hall Russell should the scottish cup tie against Kilbirnie be called off

Kilbirnie as far as I know don't get a plan B on Saturday

If the North region where you would expect bad weather can at least try and get a game on why can't the West counterpart s do likewise

Archived