Big welcome to the Hibs, Hearts & Rangers to the Championship

As demonstrated by the mauling of Dundee United and Raith Rovers. :lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

Raith "mauled" Hibs more than they "mauled" Rangers.

The arabs certainly never mauled us and going by the display we gave against DU we would hammer Hibs... Hearts would be much more of a hard one to call.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good campaign. From what I have seen of The Rangers, I'm not worried. Hibs are arguably the strongest on paper, but they can't beat us, so again no worries. I would expect us to finish first, but I don't think it will be by more than 10 points. Will be better than the "premiership".

Better in what respect? The quality of player on show and the teams in general will be poorer than the majority of the top division.

Better in what respect? The quality of player on show and the teams in general will be poorer than the majority of the top division.

You've just answered your own question, Rossco! :)

For entertainment, the Championship will be better.

Should be a good campaign. From what I have seen of The Rangers, I'm not worried. Hibs are arguably the strongest on paper, but they can't beat us, so again no worries. I would expect us to finish first, but I don't think it will be by more than 10 points. Will be better than the "premiership".

Hearts had a strong finish to last season but there was nothing to play for at that point. And how many of those players actually still play for Hearts?

Same goes for Hibs. The "strongest" team you say they have, have mostly all been released have they not?

Roll up! Roll up!

Which ever club you support in the Championship.

Buy a season ticket and enjoy the ride.

plus a picture of Whitesnake

magspaceru_whitesnake.jpg

So you mean next season's Championship will be like, er, any other season in the second tier?

Changing the actors doesn't change the overall story of two or three clubs fighting for the title, with it rarely being settled before mid-April (and normally later).

We have two players that have confirmed that they'll be reporting at East Mains for pre season training. :lol:

Scott Robertson

Danny Handling

That's our team on paper at the moment, everyone else is up in the air. I think Rangers will win the league btw but I would hope if we sort out our shambles that we could make some sort of challenge. Being realistic though I think we'll be in the championship for a few seasons at least.

Hearts will win the league.

They don't have many first team players at the moment and it seems Danny Wilson will be the next to leave. How are Hearts, realistically, going to finish ahead of Rangers when they've got rid of all their best players and will be replacing them with players on £500-£1000 a week?

Hibs are heavily downsizing too. And as the Hibs fan mentioned in the post above yours, they only have two players.

So not only will Hearts and Hibs have to build a team, it will be a team on much less wages. And because they'll have just built a team, it will take a season or so to adapt. Rangers had that very same situation in League 2 and dropped a heck of a lot of points as a result.

I'd still fancy Rangers to challenge even if they're deducted 25 points. The classic inconsistency of the other teams in this league will come into play yet again.

Keep in mind that with a 25 points deduction would also come a transfer ban and a set of players who would be either let go or asked to take a pay cut.

They don't have many first team players at the moment and it seems Danny Wilson will be the next to leave. How are Hearts, realistically, going to finish ahead of Rangers when they've got rid of all their best players and will be replacing them with players on £500-£1000 a week?

I'd guess that there will be key players going to earn a bit more than that.

Think its a bit early for predictions. One thing hearts really struggled last year as the had a young team was the emotional/mental aspect of the game. It depends who they sign but one positive result in a big game could send confidence souring and they went on a run and the same for a negative.

If Rangers don't go into admin I think they will win the league. Will be interesting but I reckon hibs/hearts will not throw money at it and aim for play off places. If either Hearts/Hibs were in this league without each other or rangers it would prob be worth running at a big loss for one year and go back up easily(like last time hibs were in the league). With the the current situation its just not worth spending serious cash as if it goes wrong it could not be sustained. This would not be a great message for the fans of either hibs/hearts so f**k knows.

I'd guess that there will be key players going to earn a bit more than that.

I doubt it, given that players last season took a 50% wage cut and then were asked to take another 50% decrease to play in the Championship.

Hearts effectively want to pay wages of 25% to what they were paying last season.

£500-£1000 is probably about right.

I doubt it, given that players last season took a 50% wage cut and then were asked to take another 50% decrease to play in the Championship.

Hearts effectively want to pay wages of 25% to what they were paying last season.

That doesn't even agree with it's self never mind reality

Until the season tickets are put on sale they won't be taking any risks. If our support respond well then the player budget will be decent l suspect.

Archived