The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol,,, that line is out of the Gary Neville MNF manual eh ;)

Hey, I've been watching The Glens for forty years, and I've seen so many "if only" moments in that time.

I decided long ago never to predict what my team will achieve. I know what I think we could be capable of this season, but I'll keep that to myself for now. :shutup

Pollok are looking very strong to go straight to the premier.

Although with as many signings as they've made it can sometimes be hard to get the team to gel quickly.

Are there any other teams that have been very active with transfers?

Yes we have got a squad of about 23or 24 so will probably have to trim it down a bit. Looks like it going to be a cracking league this year then again it is most seasons.

Yes we have got a squad of about 23or 24 so will probably have to trim it down a bit. Looks like it going to be a cracking league this year then again it is most seasons.

That's a massive squad, probably find that it'll be about 19/20 after 3/4 weeks.

That's a massive squad, probably find that it'll be about 19/20 after 3/4 weeks.

Yeah mate same with any team after the friendlies and sectional cup games the squad usually get's cut

How is kenny jarvis getting on ? Smashing wee player watched him wen he was at cumbernauld.

Yeah did fairly well for us , versatile player and always gives his all , glad he signed on again for us.

Their hard-to-please support will expect nothing else than a championship win.

I think they would accept promotion in any form and I would assume that is the target of the majority of the league and their supporters not just Pollok fans.

Should be a great league again this season, I wonder who will turn out to be the dark horses?

The forerunners have all been well documented.

A good start is imperative, build some momentum, get the points in the bag before the inevitable dip in form arrives.

I don't think anyone will have it wrapped up by Easter egg time.

Pollok, Glencairn&Maybole for me.

I think they would accept promotion in any form and I would assume that is the target of the majority of the league and their supporters not just Pollok fans.

I suspect the Pollok support will have higher expectations of their side than supporters of all of the other clubs in the league.

I suspect the Pollok support will have higher expectations of their side than supporters of all of the other clubs in the league.

After the experiences of the last 3 seasons, it'll be hopes rather than expectations for most of us I suspect!

Think it will be a lot tighter at the bottom of the league this year with no teams getting cast away like last year. Gotta be pollok for title and I think glencairn will be strong as well. Looking forward to the games starting again

Think it will be a lot tighter at the bottom of the league this year with no teams getting cast away like last year. Gotta be pollok for title and I think glencairn will be strong as well. Looking forward to the games starting again

I thought the same at this time last year, but Lesmahagow ended up being cut adrift fairly quickly. There may well be somebody again this year, I just hope it's not my team. :eek:

Can't see past pollok and Glencairn for promotion, if both teams don't big pressure on the management. Would settle for us in and around 4th or 5th pushing for playoff spot possibly.

Can't see past pollok and Glencairn for promotion, if both teams don't big pressure on the management. Would settle for us in and around 4th or 5th pushing for playoff spot possibly.

ud be happy with 4th place? Find that hard 2 believe.

We are away from home all season Dave so challenging for 3rd I would take now, even if finish 4 th or 5 th be happy enough.

The two favorites Pollok and Glens for me will be in top two, both managers know they have to deliver and my hunch is they will.

We are away from home all season Dave so challenging for 3rd I would take now, even if finish 4 th or 5 th be happy enough.

The two favorites Pollok and Glens for me will be in top two, both managers know they have to deliver and my hunch is they will.

Lol. Behave yourself, I know what you're up to.

Archived