The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are you playing with this season Jon??

Or have you hung up the gloves.

vale of Clyde mate still a few years left in me yet a wee bit more timber off and I'll get longer out playing

He's with Vale of Clyde. (For the first couple of weeks anyway, lol.)

hahaha I'm done moving about now I call all my other moves gathering experience lol time to lay roots and enjoy football again.

JC v JC will be an interesting one to watch. ;-)

buzzing for that one over the years we've never played against each other. Also a good game for our gloves too haha plug. I rate JC hutch highly and as you know I try to get to watch him when I can

Yeah you need to be reasonably fit these days to last longer in the game!!

Wish I didn't eat so many pies when I was younger!!

I know the feeling too well mate. Wish I had a better attitude and LISTENED to advice when I was younger

JC do you know much about our new Keepers Ross Harkness and Jordan Longmuir?

seen both playing last couple of seasons both did well with what I've seen and this is only my opinion but longmuir should get the No1 jersey. Pollok have always been blessed with cracking keepers I'm sure both boys will do very well

• 1 month later...

So here we go, time for the first set of fixtures :-

Cumbernauld United v Maybole Juniors

Greenock Juniors v Pollok

Irvine Victoria v Shettleston

Kilsyth Rangers v Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Largs Thistle v Rutherglen Glencairn

Neilston Juniors v Ardeer Thistle

Thorniewood United v Yoker Athletic

The local derby between Kilsyth and Rob Roy is the fixture that stands out for me, the second week in a row after their 1-1 draw in Rob Roy's "home" game in the Sectional League Cup yesterday. The four promoted teams will all be eyeing the chance to make a good start to life in the Super Leagues as they play each other.

I'll obviously be at Largs v Glencairn which is a tough start for us, but we go there with confidence after a decent performance in our League cup group and a good win yesterday, while aware that Largs' home form has been very good so far this season. Pollok won't have it easy away to Greenock, that's always a difficult venue to visit simply because of the nature of the stadium.

Cumbernauld have started the season well with a 100% record in their League Cup group, but Maybole were also 100% up till a surprise defeat yesterday in the group decider. Both of these teams were play-off candidates for a big chunk of last season and I expect that to be the case again.

Thorniewood have defied the pre season predictions of impending doom and look like they could be stronger than many thought. The real stuff starts now, though, and I expect a very tight match against Yoker who are always a tough team to beat home or away.

Your thoughts ?

Archived