The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Yup, you need to refresh yourself with Maybole away every few years to stop the fame going to your head

That's because they aren't going to win the league, we are.

Come on barrfields . Let's be serious here (i suspect your saying this tongue in cheek ) in reality there is not much between the bulk of the clubs in west junior football. We are all much of a muchness in size and support give or take 2/3 clubs at the very top and very bottom.

Cumnock , Beith , Ladeside , now pollok have all been relegated in recent years , nobody is to big for this league . My own team had a good 6 season spell in the premier but i knew eventually we would have a stint in the super 1st, hopefully that stint doesn't last to long.

I agree i doubt my own team will win the league , just hope we can challenge for a playoff spot and steer clear of the dogfight which won't be easy.That will be your own clubs ambition i am confident in saying no matter what you say on this ;) .

Only been to maybole away once , it was that long forgot what the place is like , i am sure it's nice even in the winter time :P .

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="RobRoyGuy" post="

I agree i doubt my own team will win the league , just hope we can challenge for a playoff spot and steer clear of the dogfight which won't be easy.That will be your own clubs ambition i am confident in saying no matter what you say on this ;) .

No. The thought of being involved in a dogfight has never crossed my mind, apart from when you mentioned it just there.

No. The thought of being involved in a dogfight has never crossed my mind, apart from when you mentioned it just there.

Be positive yes but IMO everyone should be looking over their shoulder .

To be honest in all my 26 years of being a junior supporter i have always seen Largs as a middle of the road ayrshire club who have done well and punched above their weight over the years.

Since losing the 77 Scottish cup final krr have won sfa and largs have won the Scottish cup . By your logic they are a bigger club than yours and of course they have their own top class facility.

I don't really get what your saying to be honest. IMO bar a select few at the top end and a select few at the bottom end there is not much between all the clubs in between . Largs are a very similar club to ourselves , striving to be the best they can be , realising or they should that they are not to big a club to be in the super 1st.

Btw we have won things since 1977 not much but still something .

Oh and they won the West too.... Point taken now that you have clarified things. sounded to me like you were bigging up KRR and suggesting they were in a different category. Hope you do well this season although I could never follow a team that dress up as denis the menace for games.

Thought i made it clear that was the last thing i was suggesting. Of my 26 years watching the Roy 6 of them have been in top league , 4 in super first and 20 in either the central 1st or central 2nd. We have enjoyed our six seasons in the top league now we have to regroup and start the fight back and earn the right to play top flight football again. Won't be easy that's for sure.

Cumbernauld will do well this season ,lost some players but seem to have replaced well.

Pollok you would think will get a top two spot as even if they hit a bad patch you think they will be able to bring in decent quality to help get them out a hole.

Glencairn have a good squad and should be up at the top this time around.

Kilsyth don't really know much about how they are shaping up , so a unknown quantity for me , get a better look at them this saturday.

Ourselves , i think we will be a bit hit or miss , hopefully able to put enough good results together to push up towards the top.

I have missed out load of other teams just my early thoughts on some of the sides close to home.

All you's Glasgow teams supporting each other as always. I think Largs will have something to say about that tbh. Maybole who we easily demolished yesterday, Irvine Vics and Ardeer will probably all go down this season.

Ayrshire teams will struggle this year except Largs because I fancy them for the title having watched them pre season. Although it was only pre season.

All you's Glasgow teams supporting each other as always. I think Largs will have something to say about that tbh. Maybole who we easily demolished yesterday, Irvine Vics and Ardeer will probably all go down this season.

Ayrshire teams will struggle this year except Largs because I fancy them for the title having watched them pre season. Although it was only pre season.

Maybole will not be relegated. You may have beaten them on Saturday, but they had won 4 out of 4 in the group before that.

I will be looking forward to seeing whitletts Victoria this season. All their results and style of play come to the fore. And will be judging them on every minute of every match. Since i see that is what their trivial following are doing ☺️ Ps Maybole Will not be getting relegated I would happily take any wager with anyone with Victoria in their name. ????

Here's what Nocko at William Hill thinks :-

Pollok - 11/10
Largs Thistle - 7/1
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy - 8/1
Rutherglen Glencairn - 10/1
Cumbernauld United - 12/1
Neilston Juniors - 12/1
Shettleston - 12/1
Maybole Juniors - 16/1
Kilsyth Rangers - 20/1
Thorniewood United - 25/1
Yoker Athletic - 25/1
Greenock Juniors - 33/1
Ardeer Thistle - 40/1
Irvine Victoria - 40/1

Its amazing how so many people can get upset by one poster who's clearly on the windup. Looks to me like you cant have a bit of banter after beating someone. For what its worth, i don't think Maybole will go down, but i also know that I'm going to really enjoy watching Whitletts this season whether we go up or not

Too many people are judging what will happen by what has happened in the Sectionals, and I suppose I am guilty of that as well.

This is where the real serious stuff begins, up till now a lot of clubs have been chopping and changing their teams to find the right blend and get players fit with a view to this Saturday. So, while form and confidence is a good thing to carry into the league games, the results of the last three weeks are not necessarily an indicator of what will happen.

The year Glencairn won this league (2009-10) we finished bottom of our Sectional group with 1 point out of 12, scoring 2 and conceding 8. We then went down to Maybole on the first day of the league season and won 3-0, and never really looked back after that.

Too many people are judging what will happen by what has happened in the Sectionals, and I suppose I am guilty of that as well.

This is where the real serious stuff begins, up till now a lot of clubs have been chopping and changing their teams to find the right blend and get players fit with a view to this Saturday. So, while form and confidence is a good thing to carry into the league games, the results of the last three weeks are not necessarily an indicator of what will happen.

The year Glencairn won this league (2009-10) we finished bottom of our Sectional group with 1 point out of 12, scoring 2 and conceding 8. We then went down to Maybole on the first day of the league season and won 3-0, and never really looked back after that.

Got to agree about not getting too excited about Ardagh results. Girvan cruised through our section last season, scoring plenty and ended up one of the favs for the league, but couldnt carry that form in to the league when it started

Archived