Irvine Victoria v Yoker Athletic.....Home win

Kilsyth Rangers v Ardeer Thistle.....away win

Largs Thistle v Maybole Juniors.....draw

Shettleston v Pollok.....score draw

Thorniewood United v Rutherglen Glencairn.....away win

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four teams on 7 points at the top of the league table, and two of the promoted sides helping to set the pace, while the other two are still looking for their first win.

Barrfields_Largs' thoughts will be interesting tonight. "Too big for this league", "champions by Christmas" ?

Bitterly disappointed at 2-0 up we were all over Yoker and should've got a third soon after and it would've been game over. But they got a goal back before half time. And then second half they were the better side in my opinion and we were poor. Really thought that would've been our first win of the season.

Now away to Largs in 2 weeks.

Bitterly disappointed at 2-0 up we were all over Yoker and should've got a third soon after and it would've been game over. But they got a goal back before half time. And then second half they were the better side in my opinion and we were poor. Really thought that would've been our first win of the season.

Now away to Largs in 2 weeks.

I've always found Yoker a very resilient team and hard to beat.

It was an opportunity missed for Glencairn to go top of the league today, but credit to Thorniewood for handling playing with 10 men for 50 minutes before we were reduced to 10 as well.

Thorniewood looked far from the naive side that many on here had predicted, I'm glad I decided to wait and see on that one. They have a nippy and troublesome hard working striker in Gary Millar, and Alan Fleming is a big solid centre back.

We would maybe have got the winner had Gilmartin not got himself sent off for a dive, but we'll never know.

Still unbeaten in all competitive games this season, though, which is good, and up at the business end of the table.

Pictures and full match report to follow later this evening.

Kilsyth 1 Ardeer 2

if we could actually put the ball in the net,we would win games,unfortunately we can't,hence we no points so far !

As for the Ardeer support ,Ave never met so many inbred half breeds before,like something out of deliverance,all that was missing was the banjos,challenging our no2 to a fight all game,very clever,and a don't know if he was the coach or what,he'd played in the first half an kicked everything that moved,prowling up and down the line well out the dugout area and getting away with it ! Try winning with some dignity !

Kilsyth 1 Ardeer 2

if we could actually put the ball in the net,we would win games,unfortunately we can't,hence we no points so far !

As for the Ardeer support ,Ave never met so many inbred half breeds before,like something out of deliverance,all that was missing was the banjos,challenging our no2 to a fight all game,very clever,and a don't know if he was the coach or what,he'd played in the first half an kicked everything that moved,prowling up and down the line well out the dugout area and getting away with it ! Try winning with some dignity !

I think I might get some "halfbreeds on tour" t-shirts for us to wear this season haha. Your full-back no2 wasn't a happy chap at full-time, having to restrained by your management after the whistle.

We played well today without being great, perhaps had a bit of luck and result could have been different if Kilsyth took their chances. The three points will do me nicely.

Decent start for ourselves in the league even though we have not played all that great.Interesting league table already .

Irvine vics done me out of a good few quid , actually thought they had won till i checked this , ah well !

Archived