The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Really enjoyed the shettleston & pollok match today, two good teams on show. I thought shettleston just shaded it but don't think either team would've complained if it finished a draw. Was really impressed with the shettleston keeper, but thought he was extremely lucky to stay on the park after a blatant elbow. After today's show I think both teams will be challenging come the end of the season.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah decent crowd, good few through from kirky. Greenock are a tough team to play against very aggressive some decent players.

They were being called a gang last season, I never witnessed any of that in the two games I saw against them.

What I did see, was a bunch of lads in it together and playing as a team. Good to hear they are still that and with a wee bit of luck, who knows?

Really enjoyed the shettleston & pollok match today, two good teams on show. I thought shettleston just shaded it but don't think either team would've complained if it finished a draw. Was really impressed with the shettleston keeper, but thought he was extremely lucky to stay on the park after a blatant elbow. After today's show I think both teams will be challenging come the end of the season.

Will be interesting to see the highlights.

As I thought the linesman put his flag up to bring this to the refs attention, while the ref thought he put it up for offside.

So when the ref consulted with the linesman he booked the keeper but didn't give a foul as he assumed play had stopped for offsite and it happened after that.

May be wrong but I thought it was a penalty.

Will be interesting to see the highlights.

As I thought the linesman put his flag up to bring this to the refs attention, while the ref thought he put it up for offside.

So when the ref consulted with the linesman he booked the keeper but didn't give a foul as he assumed play had stopped for offsite and it happened after that.

May be wrong but I thought it was a penalty.

The keeper hit winters 3 times so it could have been a penalty but as winters was pushing into the keeper I think the ref gave the foul in Shettlestons favour, halliwell probably should have been red carded for the offence.

It's official... Ayr Victoria is just a knob!! Something right against Maybole maybe one day Ul just accept we r a good team concentrate on ur own team hen!

Maybole were excellent the second half, am sure Largs will bounce back as they have a great group of players we just need to keep momentum going

Moan the bole

Thanks for the kinda words Kanye ;)

Disappointed to see Shettleston players constantly waste time by refusing to take the ball and feigning injury. Disappointed to see a Shettleston player use an elbow and not get sent off.

A draw would have been a fair result and we need to stop losing goals from set pieces, that's what got us relegated. Massive game against Cumbernauld next week.

The ref was a tit but they all are so I've given up on that. The Shettleston keeper is the biggest tosser I've seen in goals since Michael Wardrope. Really looking forward to the next game at Newlandsfield, was a good game, pity it only lasted about 75mins ;).

End of the day who was the home team????? Exactly, If Kilsyth cannae get a decent following that there problem at the end of the day it's 11 v 11 in the pitch , players put off by fans should nae be at this level they should be Sunday league wae 2 guys n a dug..... Fuckin non the ardeer

End of the day who was the home team????? Exactly, If Kilsyth cannae get a decent following that there problem at the end of the day it's 11 v 11 in the pitch , players put off by fans should nae be at this level they should be Sunday league wae 2 guys n a dug..... Fuckin non the ardeer

By all means enjoy your moment in the sun but come back when you've been in the league for three or four seasons rather than weeks and tell us how good you are.

I'd rather have our support than some of the mob that turned up on Saturday, the abuse they gave to the Kilsyth physio was disgusting, if thats what you call a decent following you're welcome to it.

By all means enjoy your moment in the sun but come back when you've been in the league for three or four seasons rather than weeks and tell us how good you are.

I'd rather have our support than some of the mob that turned up on Saturday, the abuse they gave to the Kilsyth physio was disgusting, if thats what you call a decent following you're welcome to it.

Good point these chaps from ayrshire need to clam there jets. Decent start like my own team but and to be blunt come on tae f**k , you would think a league title had been won or something and no a game or two.

I have no idea if Big Wall is an Ardeer fan but judging from what I've seen on here he seems to have supported more teams than he's had hot dinners.

I'll admit that I'm not a fan of some of the shouts from our younger supporters. Most of them are good lads but a few tend to get carried away. Kilsyth fans will get a warm welcome from the Ardeer committee later in the season.

Archived