The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Being a Maybole fan must be an interesting experience at the moment. Joint top goal scorers with Pollok, but they have conceded more goals than any team in the league as well, averaging over two goals conceded per game, despite sitting in third place in the league table.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting league table.What strikes me about this league is most teams are on their day very capable. Whoever finds that consistency in performance will give themselves an excellent chance of promotion.

I don't think anyone will be cut adrift this season at the bottom like previous seasons in this league. Pollok with their players and resources may pull away at the top though.

Not looked online but how many super first teams are out the Scottish at this very early stage? None?

From the highlights and those camera angles both incidents look like penalties. However will be interesting if Glens camera guy has a close up of the Ross claim as the ref was right on top of the incident and seemed very sure it wasn't a penalty.

Regardless of the incidents I felt second half we were in reasonable control against a very strong and organised side. The way Glens played in the first half it was always going to be hard for them to keep up that pace and we were always going to get more space in the second half.

Expect both teams along with 3 or 4 more to be in the promotion / play off hunt come May.

From Pollok point of view pleased with how the team is now talking shape under Tony and having played Shettleston, Greenock, Maybole and Glencairn away and to have picked up 9 points is pretty impressive. Early days in the season but a very good start.

so much for Irvine vics being a poor side,gave us a bit of a going over in the 2nd half today and if they had there shooting boots on the game would have been put to bed,but longer the game went just got feeling we'd get the equaliser and so it proved,happy with point in the end up .

goals and penalty incidents

From watching the highlights from Davie's angle, and having seen the Glencairn penalty close up from where I was standing, how the referee can give the Pollok penalty and not the Glencairn one is beyond me. Both players didn't need any encouragement to go down, both players were touched, yet one is a penalty and the other isn't ? Baffling to be honest.

Being a Maybole fan must be an interesting experience at the moment. Joint top goal scorers with Pollok, but they have conceded more goals than any team in the league as well, averaging over two goals conceded per game, despite sitting in third place in the league table.

You may get abuse for saying that on here from the Maybole mafia ;)

I said all season their so poor defensively it's unreal so I'm glad you've notice that as well Glensmad.

You may get abuse for saying that on here from the Maybole mafia ;)

I said all season their so poor defensively it's unreal so I'm glad you've notice that as well Glensmad.

I haven't made any comment about the quality of their defence, as I haven't seen them play this season. I only commented on the number of goals they have scored and conceded.

So your not sure San Marino defence is poor because you have not seen them live?

Just say it for god sake, their defence the now is poor. Stats don't lie.

So your not sure San Marino defence is poor because you have not seen them live?

Just say it for god sake, their defence the now is poor. Stats don't lie.

I have seen San Marino play live this season. ;-)

Unlike you, I choose not to comment on things that I don't know anything about. ;-)

From watching the highlights from Davie's angle, and having seen the Glencairn penalty close up from where I was standing, how the referee can give the Pollok penalty and not the Glencairn one is beyond me. Both players didn't need any encouragement to go down, both players were touched, yet one is a penalty and the other isn't ? Baffling to be honest.

As I mentioned before, the ref for Ross challenge is in line with the challenge so he can easily see if he went down easily.

For the Winters one he is on the defenders side, so all he will see is the challenge and not really the contact so easy to see how he can come up with two different decisions. If he had been directly behind the winters one or on the touchline side, he may have had a different opinion. I was on that side and thought it was a soft decision. We haven't had many decisions go our way this season so maybe finally got one.

As I mentioned before, the ref for Ross challenge is in line with the challenge so he can easily see if he went down easily.

For the Winters one he is on the defenders side, so all he will see is the challenge and not really the contact so easy to see how he can come up with two different decisions. If he had been directly behind the winters one or on the touchline side, he may have had a different opinion. I was on that side and thought it was a soft decision. We haven't had many decisions go our way this season so maybe finally got one.

It's just frustrating when you see two very similar incidents at either end of the ground inside 10 minutes, with two different decisions. It undoubtedly influenced the outcome of the match, because both teams had been defending very well and I thought a 0-0 was on the cards. The penalty award for Pollok changed the game, and it was undoubtedly soft. However, that's football.

a bit of controversy that led to the penalty as the lino ( who was only 3 yards away with a clear view) signalled for a pull on tam hanlon by andy neil and the players all stopped thinking a free kick was going to be taken, so ross ballantyne kicked the ball out of play and the ref awarded a throw in to pollok which led to the penalty.

I have seen San Marino play live this season. ;-)

Unlike you, I choose not to comment on things that I don't know anything about. ;-)

Lot of rubbish you don't need to have seen them to know they have problems at the back. The stats tell you all you need to know. Usual fence sitting pish from you.

Btw thought you might of started a glens pollok thread given the plugging you gave it. Would of been good rather than clogging up this thread with numerous incidents in your match. Thoughts this thread was about people's thoughts on the league in general. Maybe i am wrong though.

Archived