The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Its astoundingly phenomenal the turn around at Kilsyth. I remember seeing them a few times last season and they were horrid and now they are playing decent stuff and have turned the tide hugely. A magnificent effort from all involved and all the best for promotion.

A cracking park and stand also which I'm sure would be welcomed into the top echelon.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its astoundingly phenomenal the turn around at Kilsyth. I remember seeing them a few times last season and they were horrid and now they are playing decent stuff and have turned the tide hugely. A magnificent effort from all involved and all the best for promotion.

A cracking park and stand also which I'm sure would be welcomed into the top echelon.

Astoundingly phenomenal to find a pie & bovril user who can correctly use the word "echelon".

But thanks for the comments anyhow.

Oh, shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction!

Think that's maybole out of the top 3. Won't go down though . Chance for us next week ( as long as fixture man doesn't change his mind ) to go second by beating Ardeer.

Kilsyth have a cup game , Glencairn have a free week ( surprised glensmad has not been on moaning about that maybe he has been told not to who knows )

Shettleston playing Cumbernauld will be an interesting game for sure.

Shows how horribly tight that division is,when mentioning a team going out the top three and relegation in the same sentence. I think a top division of 14 would alleviate the massive turnover of team in the super first.

Shows how horribly tight that division is,when mentioning a team going out the top three and relegation in the same sentence. I think a top division of 14 would alleviate the massive turnover of team in the super first.

Maybole even though they were 2nd now 3rd have played 20 games ( 4 or 5 more than the contenders below them ) so their league position is a bit false .

Got to agree think a top division of 14 or 16 is the way to go , wouldn't have a clue what you do about the league below it though.

Also agree with you on the wee guy Joe Barclay , good player .

Rob Roy 3 , Finnigan , Sawyers , Collins V Ardeer Thistle 1.

Scrappy game today on a bumpy pitch. Wasn't the best game for us today never really got going but did manage to get the job done . Ardeer worked hard , got stuck in , won themselves a lot of corners that got me worried as they are a big side but they couldn't capitalize on them. Big keeper had a good game as we did create a lot of chances towards the end.

Big game for us next weekend a win and i think we can set our sights on 2nd place . Cumbernauld shettleston score went our way today but both will be in with a shout come the end of the season.

Scrappy game today on a bumpy pitch. Wasn't the best game for us today never really got going but did manage to get the job done . Ardeer worked hard , got stuck in , won themselves a lot of corners that got me worried as they are a big side but they couldn't capitalize on them. Big keeper had a good game as we did create a lot of chances towards the end.

Big game for us next weekend a win and i think we can set our sights on 2nd place . Cumbernauld shettleston score went our way today but both will be in with a shout come the end of the season.

looking forward to it

It looks like Ardeer are doomed to the drop. Even if they were to win all 4 of their remaining games they'd only get to 33 points. That may be enough, but they have no margin for error now.

I can only assume the ref gave a foul for the challenge on hanlon as he handled the ball, I thought largs fully deserved a point I really enjoyed the game apart from the twat of a photographer who stood between the camera and goal for part of the second half and refused to move, he even said i shpouldn't be there and what was i doing anyway. DOH! anyway he gets my asshole of the day award.

A rare missed game for me as I was at a stag do, sounds like we gave it a go but weren't quite good enough on the day.

It looks like Ardeer are doomed to the drop. Even if they were to win all 4 of their remaining games they'd only get to 33 points. That may be enough, but they have no margin for error now.

No margin for error perhaps but it's not over yet!!

A rare missed game for me as I was at a stag do, sounds like we gave it a go but weren't quite good enough on the day.

No margin for error perhaps but it's not over yet!!

Yeah you guys gave it a good go, competed well, had a good spell in second half when you were on top , defensively though you were a bit wobbly and that cost you, the keeper played well.

Not sure if you can win your remaining four games maybe you won't need to. If you somehow tightened it up at the back you would have a chance.

ah that would be the no8 who went in late with his studs up on Sweeney and Sweeney pushed him then the no8 squared up to Sweeney and then bent over holding the back of his head, ah bless the poor soul must have been hurting.

I thought you had your last word, anyway i'm on the wind up, I said on a different thread that I would be wanting a penalty if it happened at the other end. Lifting your hands isn't an automatic red, if you watch the highlights later you will see there wasn't much in the incident also you must have seen the largs no4 pushing Mackenzie as he tried to take a throw in it wasn't far from you.

Archived