Heart of Midlothian 2014-

It really doesn't look good on paper.

Neilson leaves Hearts, one of Scotland's biggest clubs, who are currently sitting in second place, have average crowds of 15,000+ and goes to...

MK Dons. A club in the forth(?) tier of English football who are one of the most hated clubs in the country. Do they even get 10,000 on average at home?

I understand it's a career advancement. If he does well there he'll likely move up the ladder. And he'll be getting a whole lot more money.

But on paper it looks a tad depressing for us.

3 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

Fullarton came across as a right c**t.

It wouldn't have been as bad if he wasn't judging a 22/23 year old Cathro over in Spain at a coaching gig.

Maybe when he said Cathro was very dry he meant he didn't get pished like the rest.

He came across as a knob, how can someone who crumbled after a fortnight even comment on another young coach/manager.

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

It really doesn't look good on paper.

Neilson leaves Hearts, one of Scotland's biggest clubs, who are currently sitting in second place, have average crowds of 15,000+ and goes to...

MK Dons. A club in the forth(?) tier of English football who are one of the most hated clubs in the country. Do they even get 10,000 on average at home?

I understand it's a career advancement. If he does well there he'll likely move up the ladder. And he'll be getting a whole lot more money.

But on paper it looks a tad depressing for us.

I think Nelson knew there was some discontent among Hearts supporters regarding him, he can't have been oblivious to it and so chose to get out now before it got worse,  which is fair enough. He probably thought he could take us as far as he could and IMO he is right.

Edited by GorgieRoad

It wouldn't have been as bad if he wasn't judging a 22/23 year old Cathro over in Spain at a coaching gig.

Maybe when he said Cathro was very dry he meant he didn't get pished like the rest.

He came across as a knob, how can someone who crumbled after a fortnight even comment on another young coach/manager.

At least Tom English made a c**t of him with his debunking of his "he doesn't coach players" shite.

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Would the Jambos take John Hughes? I seem to recall there was a story a wee while back saying he wouldn't have any issues taking the managers job.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/john-hughes-open-to-becoming-hearts-manager-one-day-1-4216419

I wouldn't. Not because I dislike him as a person but I just think he's become one of the 'standby options' that are always mentioned when a club is looking for a new manager in Scotland, in the same way that Bruce, Warnock, McCarthy get talked about for new posts all the time in England. He isn't a bad manager but he is not a particularly great one either and i'd rather go for someone unknown who might be brilliant (or terrible) than go for someone we know is only ok.

I wouldn't. Not because I dislike him as a person but I just think he's become one of the 'standby options' that are always mentioned when a club is looking for a new manager in Scotland, in the same way that Bruce, Warnock, McCarthy get talked about for new posts all the time in England. He isn't a bad manager but he is not a particularly great one either and i'd rather go for someone unknown who might be brilliant (or terrible) than go for someone we know is only ok.

John Hughes is a shite bag who'll have one good season with Neilson's team and then sign Dani Lopez.