Heart of Midlothian 2014-

12 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Last 18 months?

We were 2nd when Robbie fucked off to Milton Keynes

And that was only 8 months ago

And 12 months ago we were papped out of Europe by Birkirkara (worst result in our history surely?) and signed Sammon and Oshaniwa on presumably high wages. The second half of the season before was when the cracks started showing and when we should have been doing something positive to fix it other than signing shite. Being 2nd 8 months ago was a false position and its unlikely that Neilson would have had that side finish in the top 4. 

17 hours ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

how's bottom of the league treating you peasants?

Hopefully we're here for a while - and we probably will be. We need to truly hit rock bottom for there to be any hope of Levein fucking off any time soon.

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

And 12 months ago we were papped out of Europe by Birkirkara (worst result in our history surely?) and signed Sammon and Oshaniwa on presumably high wages. The second half of the season before was when the cracks started showing and when we should have been doing something positive to fix it other than signing shite. Being 2nd 8 months ago was a false position and its unlikely that Neilson would have had that side finish in the top 4. 

Absolutely bang on the cash.

Edit: although Oshaniwa arrived in the summer of 2015.

While I think we should be signing some players from abroad as well as having a strong core who know Scottish/British football inside out, the way we marketed the club as a stepping stone has been an absolutely dreadful move on the part of the management hierarchy, leaving us open to signing mercenary after mercenary.

We got it so right when we came out of admin in preparation for the Championship, but we were also riding the crest of a wave. That saw us okay in the league for our first season back up, but the cracks had long been beginning to show.

Edited by Elixir

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Hopefully we're here for a while - and we probably will be. We need to truly hit rock bottom for there to be any hope of Levein fucking off any time soon.

Absolutely bang on the cash.

Edit: although Oshaniwa arrived in the summer of 2015.

While I think we should be signing some players from abroad as well as having a strong core who know Scottish/British football inside out, the way we marketed the club as a stepping stone has been an absolutely dreadful move on the part of the management hierarchy, leaving us open to signing mercenary after mercenary.

We got it so right when we came out of admin in preparation for the Championship, but we were also riding the crest of a wave. That saw us okay in the league for our first season back up, but the cracks had long been beginning to show.

The stepping stone thing only works if you scout players who have great potential but who nobody else has found. You would presume that Levein watched videos of Oshaniwa and decided that was enough to outlay thousands a week on the player for shree years. Same goes for Martin. Fundamentally not good enough. The other main area for concern is that we haven't been able to get decent cash deals for the few good young players we have coming through. Walker and Patterson have had us sussed for the tip pot operation we are just now and left or tried to leave at the earliest opportunity while in the last year of their contracts. 

The whole Levein thing stinks. How can you give somebody on the footballing side so much power and have them dug in as a director? You need to be able to hold people on the footballing side of things to account when things don't go well or they make toxic decisions. As much as Budge got the stadium rebuild decision spot on she's fucking up the football side of things now. One of the worst things about the Romanov era was a lack of transparency and on that side of things it feels like things haven't changed enough. 

45 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

The stepping stone thing only works if you scout players who have great potential but who nobody else has found. You would presume that Levein watched videos of Oshaniwa and decided that was enough to outlay thousands a week on the player for shree years. Same goes for Martin. Fundamentally not good enough. The other main area for concern is that we haven't been able to get decent cash deals for the few good young players we have coming through. Walker and Patterson have had us sussed for the tip pot operation we are just now and left or tried to leave at the earliest opportunity while in the last year of their contracts. 

The whole Levein thing stinks. How can you give somebody on the footballing side so much power and have them dug in as a director? You need to be able to hold people on the footballing side of things to account when things don't go well or they make toxic decisions. As much as Budge got the stadium rebuild decision spot on she's fucking up the football side of things now. One of the worst things about the Romanov era was a lack of transparency and on that side of things it feels like things haven't changed enough. 

Again, I totally agree, and at least under Mr Romanov you knew shitebaggery would not be tolerated. Also, I would add that selling the 'stepping stone' vision too much will lead to a lack of commitment to the club - at least that seems to have been the case given the past couple of seasons.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Again, I totally agree, and at least under Mr Romanov you knew shitebaggery would not be tolerated.

Romanov sacked Burley and accused him of being an alchoholic, he put a convicted sex offender in charge of the team, players went without wages for months, he called pressley, hartley and gordon traitors, the cronyism with his sons,9 managers in 7 years, using hearts to test players for Kaunas and he embezzled money from hearts into his bank.

I've no great love for Lavein but how did Romanov 'not tolerate shitebaggery' when he did all those things? How has Lavein even come remotely close to being like Romanov?.

1 hour ago, Alchemist said:

Romanov sacked Burley and accused him of being an alchoholic, he put a convicted sex offender in charge of the team, players went without wages for months, he called pressley, hartley and gordon traitors, the cronyism with his sons,9 managers in 7 years, using hearts to test players for Kaunas and he embezzled money from hearts into his bank.

I've no great love for Lavein but how did Romanov 'not tolerate shitebaggery' when he did all those things? How has Lavein even come remotely close to being like Romanov?.

wiggo.png wiggo.png wiggo.png wiggo.png wiggo.png

5 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Peterhead.

2 hours ago, Alchemist said:

COME WITH ME, AND YOU'LL BE, IN A WORLD OF PURE IMAGINATION

2 hours ago, Alchemist said:

6/10

Forgot to mention Bosnian pensioners and poppy feeves

55 minutes ago, Darren said:

Peterhead.

You spend the whole season trying to qualify for Europe to play a real glamour tie and you get papped out by a Maltese pub team. That's worse than losing a league cup group game. I didn't care that much when Peterhead beat us.

Not only that but it fucks the coefficient for next time we qualify if i'm not mistaken. 

42 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

You spend the whole season trying to qualify for Europe to play a real glamour tie and you get papped out by a Maltese pub team. That's worse than losing a league cup group game. I didn't care that much when Peterhead beat us.

Not only that but it fucks the coefficient for next time we qualify if i'm not mistaken. 

The result against the Maltese mob was more annoying but losing to Peterhead was worse.

The Europa League? If they get through it would have just meant people being asked to pay £46.50 to watch Liverpool reserves or some such. Excuse me for not caring. Peterhead was worse.

I'd be happy if Hearts aren't in the bottom two come the first game at Tynecastle.

To me, the Maltese jobbers felt far worse. Peterhead was just funny more than anything, such is the joke we became under Cathro. If anything, failing to rectify the situation against Dunfermline felt worse than Peterhead.

I saw us lose at home to both Forfar Athletic and East Stirlingshire in the same season - the results against the Maltesers and Peterhead are up there with those.

Pretty sure we lost in a cup tie to Montrose back in the day, but I wasn't there, so I can't blamed for that.

No offence intended to any c**t, 

This season does have a whiff of relegation battle about it, I have to say. Still very much salvageable but the next few weeks are critical.

Our problems started pretty much when we got promoted. The first couple of transfer windows weren't great, but they weren't terrible either. Last summer's was a disaster. Went for a new goalkeeper, lost out on Gilks and immediately made Hamilton number 1. Sammon, Watt, Rherras, Nowak, Noring. Every one of them shit. Bjorn Johnsen was easily the best one and he's just been punted, which tells you all you need to know.

In January we tried to fix all the problems by signing a new team all at once. Never going to work, especially with the type of players available at that point of the season. That squad, as average as it was, had us 2nd/3rd around the time Neilson left and we should have persevered with it and saved our cash.

We're now at the stage where we're pretty much having to replace half a team every window. I think we've made some decent signings this summer, but because we've left ourselves so much to do as a result of previous transfer windows, we've still got gaps all over the pitch. No goalkeeper and a midfield full of powderpuff water carriers. No width, pace or creativity in the team at all.

I'd say we're probably at least three good signings away from challenging for a European place, unless the new manager is something special. Not ideal when we've just punted our manager and have a stand to pay for.

7 hours ago, DC92 said:

This season does have a whiff of relegation battle about it, I have to say. Still very much salvageable but the next few weeks are critical.

Our problems started pretty much when we got promoted. The first couple of transfer windows weren't great, but they weren't terrible either. Last summer's was a disaster. Went for a new goalkeeper, lost out on Gilks and immediately made Hamilton number 1. Sammon, Watt, Rherras, Nowak, Noring. Every one of them shit. Bjorn Johnsen was easily the best one and he's just been punted, which tells you all you need to know.

In January we tried to fix all the problems by signing a new team all at once. Never going to work, especially with the type of players available at that point of the season. That squad, as average as it was, had us 2nd/3rd around the time Neilson left and we should have persevered with it and saved our cash.

We're now at the stage where we're pretty much having to replace half a team every window. I think we've made some decent signings this summer, but because we've left ourselves so much to do as a result of previous transfer windows, we've still got gaps all over the pitch. No goalkeeper and a midfield full of powderpuff water carriers. No width, pace or creativity in the team at all.

I'd say we're probably at least three good signings away from challenging for a European place, unless the new manager is something special. Not ideal when we've just punted our manager and have a stand to pay for.

You spunked all your money on your shiny new stand. You will not get the signings you require for this season. 

Lockey the teaboy's brother all over the Facebook saying Levein is taking the gig. 
thriller.png

Honestly no the worst idea. He's basically responsible for the players you've signed anyway, and he's involved with training and tactics. If he doesn't get a tune out of them then it's easy to punt him since he's wholly responsible. I reckon he'd be fine. Awful football, but pretty close to guaranteeing safety.