Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Its been about 10 years at least since I heard a racist comment at Tynecastle - that's not to say its not going on however. I was unfortunate enough to be stuck on a train after the 2012 semi final with a bunch of racist union jack waving hearts fans so there are plenty of scumbags out there.

I do agree that there is an inherent racism within much of the support, as pointed out, where foreign but more-so black players have to work that bit harder to be accepted. Isma's decision making was often frustrating but at the Aberdeen games there were dozens of people going off their nut at him every time he got near the ball - would that have happened with a white player?  Not so sure it would have been as bad. 

Overall a depressing situation but better its out in the open and can now be challenged by the club. 

Romeo. Kindly stop spreading diarrhoea all over this topic you lunatic.  No the club never swept it under the carpet because Goncalves himself admits he never told anyone.

And no one has said it was his fault because he was frustrating. In fact the poster said him being frustrating but getting an OTT reaction was probably an example of inherent racism.  No one is trying to downplay this so your point scoring attempts are nonsense.

Hate to say it, but you've got a point there Dom. Compare and contrast this incident with Cole Stockton, who 'blacks up' and, after a few winks and nudges from Levein and Budge, makes a few more starts for the first team, earning himself a big time move to Carlisle just a few weeks later. When the PLAYERS know that they can get away with such bigoted antics, the fans will inevitably feel emboldened enough to start shouting their bile.

My mate sits in section G and it is quite common for players to be racially abused.

Do I think there is a deep rooted racist/sectarian/homophobic culture within the football club is another question altogether.

Of which the answer is yes.

GGTTH

The boy Romeo is a fucking rocket.

Didn't like getting pulled for his snide dig at Craig trying to insinuate that he was some kind of ***

He's now trying to alter what happened to fit his own bigoted agenda.  

Edited by Heart of Northern

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Romeo. Kindly stop spreading diarrhoea all over this topic you lunatic.  No the club never swept it under the carpet because Goncalves himself admits he never told anyone.

And no one has said it was his fault because he was frustrating. In fact the poster said him being frustrating but getting an OTT reaction was probably an example of inherent racism.  No one is trying to downplay this so your point scoring attempts are nonsense.

He's far too excited about this whole thing. For a grown man it is tragic. Also his misquoting somebody directly after their comment makes the assumption that people can't read which is bizarre. 

If anyone is wondering where they can read Romeo's withering criticism of Aleksandar Tonev, here it is: 

On 16/12/2014 at 15:19, Romeo said:

According to Logan.

On 16/12/2014 at 15:23, Romeo said:

Did the tribunal hear Tonev say it?

On 16/12/2014 at 15:27, Romeo said:

So only Logan then. Just double checking.

On 16/12/2014 at 15:47, Romeo said:

I'm pointing out that no one heard Tonev other than Logan. No implications, merely stating a fact.

Now, what are you implying?

Be specific.

On 16/12/2014 at 15:57, Romeo said:

According to Logan, yes.

Sweep sweep.

Good for you Hearts.  Good for you Hearts.  Well someone had the guts to stand up to them at last.  Coming over here and taking our jobs and our women and acting like they own the fecking place.  Well done Hearts.  Good for you.  Good for you.

Finally someone taking the piss in a vaguely witty manner

At least I hope this was a joke

You can’t be sure in these post Brexit times