Heart of Midlothian 2014-

50 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

"IT DIDN'T BAM US UP AT ALL"

*makes 50 foot long banner*

Got to hand it to Potter.... he really has the beating of us off the pitch.... even if only he and his own disciples believe so.

33 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Got to hand it to Potter.... he really has the beating of us off the pitch.... even if only he and his own disciples believe so.

^^^ Bammed up by the panto of it all

gDCVHRu.png

Edited by JamieThomas

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Just take a step backwards and think about it. This is Craig Levein, we're talking about - a self-made master of mindgames. A few weeks back, you guys were forever bigging up his Svengali-like masterstrokes, like the initially-successful 'Natural Order' bait, and the phantom injuries-that-never-were before the last derby. Hitting the Czechs with a surprise 4-6-0 strategy that they'd never in a million years expect. Instigating injury time dugout confrontations with opposing players to waste time. You all know what Levein's about by now.

That made him sound daft, well before signing McLean. Now he just sounds mad.

Edited by HaikuHibee

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's taught Kane how to use his body despite being physically smaller than centre halves. He taught May similar. 

Maybe you're right. But in May and Kane I've always sensed that their period of greatest improvement was while they were away from the club on loan. After being unconvincing as MacLean's strike partner last season, Kane himself said QOS improved him as a player, while according to  May, he only developed as an out-and-out goalscorer at Alloa. It was there too that he determined to bulk up and improve his speed.

I'm sure Macca has helped – young players should learn from senior strikers. And he was a fantastic foil for May.  I just don't see the evidence that he's transformed anyone. If you're particularly mean spirited (and I am) you could even argue strike partners like Cummins went backwards during their spell alongside him.

Edited by Mr Heliums

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sometimes I get frustrated by Craig Levein

Then I read stuff like this and remember quite how much he has hurt Hibs over the last 35 years

What a guy

So... what silverware has Craig Levein won in his 200+ games managing Hearts? (Not including all the other games he managed by proxy)

Clue: The same amount he has won as a player.

Spoiler

Warnock

Edited by BawWatchin

34 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

So... what silverware has Craig Levein won in his 200+ games managing Hearts? (Not including all the other games he managed by proxy)

Clue: The same amount he has won as a player.

Reveal hidden contents

Warnock

You cling to your Bravado for comfort as once you  did to your mothers methadonic teat, but you're still terrified of him 

He's the lurker in your dreams, the nightmare, the echo of a half remembered folk memory made flesh

Terror and loathing crackles through every word you post

Enjoy yourself, It's later than you think

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Experience. He's a leader who's taught a lot of our strikers a lot. 

Here's a stattos take.. 

https://therangersreport.com/2018/04/16/rate-my-transfer-steven-maclean-to-hearts/

OK, but there are plenty of other experienced strikers out there that can still score goals and have functioning knees.  Hell Kenny Miller is scoring more than Maclean , I hear he's available soon

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You cling to your Bravado for comfort as once you  did to your mothers methadonic teat, but you're still terrified of him 

He's the lurker in your dreams, the nightmare, the echo of a half remembered folk memory made flesh

Terror and loathing crackles through every word you post

Enjoy yourself, It's later than you think

giphy.gif  

Just now, senorsoupe said:

OK, but there are plenty of other experienced strikers out there that can still score goals and have functioning knees.  Hell Kenny Miller is scoring more than Maclean , I hear he's available soon

Kenny Miller has less goals than MacLean this season. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kenny Miller has less goals than MacLean this season. 

They have the same in all competitions, Miller scored in Europe and Miller has played fewer games

Miller: 5 goals in 23 appearances (1456 minutes played)

Maclean: 5 goals in 30 appearances (2169 minutes played)

Edited by senorsoupe

9 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

They have the same in all competitions, Miller scored in Europe and Miller has played fewer games

Miller: 5 goals in 23 appearances (1456 minutes played)

Maclean: 5 goals in 30 appearances (2169 minutes played)

MacLean has six league goals.