Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Pretty poor to see the whatabouterry and deflection from the Hearts fans here, very Old Firm Like.

There is a racist undercurrent that flows right through Hearts as a club and as an institution. It can be hidden pretty well nowadays but it never seems to be far from the surface I.e. Cole Stockton blacking up for a party, Concalves and his wife being chased out of the country and the recent video of Hearts players and management singing both a racist and homophonic ritual to Quitongo I believe.

It really does make your skin crawl.

What did it sound like?

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Pretty poor to see the whatabouterry and deflection from the Hearts fans here, very Old Firm Like.

There is a racist undercurrent that flows right through Hearts as a club and as an institution. It can be hidden pretty well nowadays but it never seems to be far from the surface I.e. Cole Stockton blacking up for a party, Concalves and his wife being chased out of the country and the recent video of Hearts players and management singing both a racist and homophonic ritual to Quitongo I believe.

I would be pissed off if I thought the current regime tolerates racist behaviour from employees. You and Haiku are good at snidey insinuations that they do. But was the Cole Stockton blacking-up embarrassment while he was at Hearts ? He's certainly not at Hearts now. Goncalves "chased out of the country" slight exageration.  Left and said partly because of family being exposed  to some racist loudmouths in the stand - for which the club has expressed deep regret and would have liked to have known about and had the chance to deal with at the time. The Quitongo thing - was that 20 years ago ? Cringey, but hardly a stick to beat the current set-up.

Out of interest - were Riordan and/or Griffiths not at Hibs when they sang along with the pub full of dick-heads ? What were the disciplinary measures Hibs took ? That's a serious question, not a wind-up

Edited by Pet Jeden

26 minutes ago, BigTidy said:

What did it sound like?

I did see the tape, involved current senior staff. Zero apologies :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Out of interest - were Riordan and/or Griffiths not at Hibs when they sang along with the pub full of dick-heads ? What were the disciplinary measures Hibs took ? That's a serious question, not a wind-up

Neither were Jeden. Noone is bigger than Hibs, we are a movement.

Edited by HaikuHibee

18 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

Riordan was still at Hibs at the time, but left at the end of the season. Griffiths was a Celtic player.

2 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Stockton doesn't play for us anymore, and that Goncalves stuff is embarrassing but every club is going to have it's fair share of racist idiots, an average Hearts fan would be first to tell you that it was wrong. (Make whatever joke you'd like about an average Hearts fan) and I didn't have any idea about that Quitongo stuff.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Pretentious , or what ?

tbf , I see you described Hearts a few pages ago as a club and an institution. So, at least you are even handed in your pretentiousness. 

In my best James Alexander Gordon voice............  Hibernian, we are a movement 1,  Heart of Midlothian Club and Institution 5

tbf , I see you described Hearts a few pages ago as a club and an institution. So, at least you are even handed in your pretentiousness. 
In my best James Alexander Gordon voice............  Hibernian, we are a movement 1,  Heart of Midlothian Club and Institution 5

“Establishment” is a synonym of “Institution”

4 hours ago, HaikuHibee said:

Not excusing what Gary Locke did in his early 20s. But to call him "current senior staff" ?  Are you for real ?

14 hours ago, T-zero said:

Rory currie any good? Signed on loan for east fife

Seems to score goals for the youths team and looked not too bad but lacking a wee bit before he got injured.  A loan move and regular first team football will be good for him, reckon he'll do fine for you.