Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Palmerston gave me one of my favourite away days, tbf.
Sure it was the first game I went to, sure it was the opening game of the season tbh, after the Gretna promotion season.
Purely from memory Dobbie had a stormer, score was either 2-2 or 3-3 going into the final minute. Throw in for Saints right in front of us, goes into the box and Hardie rifles it in through the keepers legs. Away fans erupt and I end up about 4 row further forward than I started as the players come into the crowd [emoji23]

Nobody cares.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The original question didn't say anything about being capped while at St Johnstone (or Hearts).

The question is ambiguous but if we interpret it in such a way that it includes the likes of McCoist & Hartley it's not a particularly interesting question.

Berra had 3 caps before leaving Hearts and another 6 after he came back so is currently ahead of St Johnstone's total but a long way behing Nick Dasovic who racked up 26 caps for Canada while at Saints.

Of course if you choose another definition of "Scotland Caps" the Jason Scotland's 6 appearances for "T&T"  between 2005 and 2006 tip the balance

The whole thing is a pub quiz nightmare

On 21/04/2020 at 15:11, paranoid android said:

East Fife's most capped player has 73 caps for Trinidad  AND Tobago - there's a fact that surprised me, but will interest absolutely no-one else. 

I find that mildly interesting, however I am a bit of a fucking bore.

31 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

All but two players agree to wage cuts.

Pleasing because it'll bam up cretins, but at the same time disappointing as I'd have absolutely loved to see 90% of them joining the unemployment line.

Think Annie should say they took too long. That offer's gone. New offer is 50% - 70% cuts. Give JKB, the Daily Record and their "sources" something to froth about while the reconstruction charade trundles on.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Think Annie should say they took too long. That offer's gone. New offer is 50% - 70% cuts. Give JKB, the Daily Record and their "sources" something to froth about while the reconstruction charade trundles on.

You do realise that Hearts doesn't have an indefinitely big axe hanging over player's heads, don't you? Players are well within their rights to demand their full contractually-agreed wage packet and if Budge is trying to play silly tough-guy willy-waving games, they can just sit their contract out on full pay and scoot off to the highest bidder once their contracts expire. With the rate of outgoing expenditure being an existential threat to the club, that hurts Hearts far more than it hurts the players.

You do realise that Hearts doesn't have an indefinitely big axe hanging over player's heads, don't you? Players are well within their rights to demand their full contractually-agreed wage packet and if Budge is trying to play silly tough-guy willy-waving games, they can just sit their contract out on full pay and scoot off to the highest bidder once their contracts expire. With the rate of outgoing expenditure being an existential threat to the club, that hurts Hearts far more than it hurts the players.

Or we could suspend their contracts for the time being.

13 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Make your mind up. Which is it - silly willy-waving or an existential threat?

10 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Make your mind up. Which is it - silly willy-waving or an existential threat?

Its hardly a binary choice is it?

Hearts owner can indulge in the former while the latter is happening all around us and is not unique to Hearts.

52 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Its hardly a binary choice is it?

Hearts owner can indulge in the former while the latter is happening all around us and is not unique to Hearts.

Wrong. 

Either pop is valid. Not right imo, but valid. Both together is just contradictory. I'm sure Aim Here realises that.

41 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Wrong. 

Either pop is valid. Not right imo, but valid. Both together is just contradictory. I'm sure Aim Here realises that.

Technically the "willy waving" one is invalid on simple anatomical grounds.

And rather than an existential threat the real issue here is that this has happened while Budge is in the process of completing the sale of the club.

The statements make it clear that she's not prepared to saddle the club with debt going forward. Which is reasonable enough.

Of course if there were appetite amongst the support in general then, through the foundation, we could say "Borrow whatever it takes and we'll pick up the tab later". But the foundation don't seem to think there is.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

through the foundation, we could say "Borrow whatever it takes and we'll pick up the tab later

I believe fan owned clubs struggle to get borrowing facilities (even if we were in normal times), certainly not from a mainstream source.

39 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Although Barcelona seem to have racked up the thick end of a billion pounds of borrowing

You know, when I took my son out for our allowable exercise walk up Holyrood park earlier, it did cross my mind that you might play the "Barcelona" card but then I thought - nah, he wont.........will he???

Now I just feel disappointed in you

You know, when I took my son out for our allowable exercise walk up Holyrood park earlier, it did cross my mind that you might play the "Barcelona" card but then I thought - nah, he wont.........will he???
Now I just feel disappointed in you

AFC Wimbledon were the first to come to mind but I thought Barca are slightly more well known and I don’t know what Stirling Albion’s accounts are like

Most fan owned clubs have a recent memory of some financial catastrophe which caused the buyout in the first place so are less keen on running up debt.

Presumably the FoH revenue for the next however many years would have to be diverted to paying off the damage from 2020

But the practicalities of how we would mortgage the future to pay this squad in full for not playing football aren’t really the point I was addressing which was that Budge may be calling the shots today but it’s the FoH that will have to live with the consequences of those decisions in the medium and long term