Heart of Midlothian 2014-

17 hours ago, Green Day said:

Personal thing, but that font is dreadful too.

It's fine enough for a website or a letter but not for a plaque. The contrast with the original is jarring and they should have gone for something deferential as well as not cheap and shit. It's obviously just been cobbled together by the cowboy contractor. 

I reserve the right to go full Timas I work in the built heritage racket. 

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Has Berra looked as if he's playing on while still carrying an injury?

Nope, looks like he's an excellent reader of the game and good at covering others if they are beaten in a 50/50. He's the main reason we'd went 5 games in a row without conceding a goal. We've conceded once since he came in and that was a goalkeeper mistake and he'd only met the players that day.

Don't get me wrong, I watched him on TV a few times for Hearts last season and he looked utterly finished. That's not the player that arrived at Dens (Even taking into account the quality difference between leagues).

23 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Nope, looks like he's an excellent reader of the game and good at covering others if they are beaten in a 50/50. He's the main reason we'd went 5 games in a row without conceding a goal. We've conceded once since he came in and that was a goalkeeper mistake and he'd only met the players that day.

Don't get me wrong, I watched him on TV a few times for Hearts last season and he looked utterly finished. That's not the player that arrived at Dens (Even taking into account the quality difference between leagues).

Cheers.

I'll guess that the goalkeeping mistake was from Jack Hamilton? 

15 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Cheers.

I'll guess that the goalkeeping mistake was from Jack Hamilton? 

He's been dropped since Berra came in. That's the second reason why our defence has improved!

Fun trivia question whilst we’ve all got time on our hands. I genuinely don’t know the answer

Who has won more Scotland caps? The complete catalogue of players playing for St Johnstone in its entire history?

Or Christophe fucking Berra?

Given that Ally McCoist played for St Johnstone I can immediately say that it's the former.

The amount of Saints players who got capped after playing for Saints seems pretty large tbh.

Callum Davidson, John O'Neil and Stevie May all immediately spring to mind as players on the verge of a cap while at the club, who then left and got capped within a year. Even Paul Hartley left and got capped within 18 months.

I'm not saying anything conspiracy wise through this, just a fun wee thing to note.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The amount of Saints players who got capped after playing for Saints seems pretty large tbh.

It takes a long time to travel those dirt roads from the backwoods of (everywhere else) to the south side of Glasgow, so it stands to reason that its best for all that players get immediate callups when they sign for a Glasgow club.

That is the only reason I can come up with for Jack Hendrys 3 international caps...............

36 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Look forward to welcoming you all to Palmerston next season. 

Palmerston gave me one of my favourite away days, tbf.

Sure it was the first game I went to, sure it was the opening game of the season tbh, after the Gretna promotion season.

Purely from memory Dobbie had a stormer, score was either 2-2 or 3-3 going into the final minute. Throw in for Saints right in front of us, goes into the box and Hardie rifles it in through the keepers legs. Away fans erupt and I end up about 4 row further forward than I started as the players come into the crowd 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.