Heart of Midlothian 2014-

He is a good signing at this level. If Keating is Average and unexcitimg though so is El Alagui who has done not much more than Keatings in a far longer career.

Don't disagree mate.......think they are both good signings at this level as opposed to Keatings being average.

I actually hate stories like this, tabloids really are run by p***ks.

Guy who doesn't have much left from football gets a job to support his family and they seem to be revelling in him having to do so. The guy had an addiction and is now trying to provide, good on him.

Greenie for you when I'm able to dish one out.

Hate the "oh look he's working there" line, either dished out at famous people resorting to normal jobs, or people generally looking down on anyone's job.

Just nae need.

Who genuinely cares what the knuckle dragging element of theirs or any other support thinks?

Easy question, the knuckle dragging element in a support. Opposites do not attract when it comes to angry dafties picking out comments from rival's online.

Will Hearts fans be making a pilgrimage to Drew Busby's pub when you visit us this season??

I certainly will be. What's the script with your stadium? 2,000 seems like it might not be enough for games against us and Rangers - do you put up temp stands?

Will Hearts fans be making a pilgrimage to Drew Busby's pub when you visit us this season??

I'll be there,he was with us for a few games the season before last.He is quite amazed at the high regard he still has at Tynecastle,a true Gent.

Been reading the Scot Gardiner topic on the Hearts forum and there seems to be a lot of misinformation about him on your site. I'll explain why he wasn't a well liked figure at Dundee and a few of his limited positive points.

Firstly, his career is greatly embellished. His role at Tottenham wasn't as great as he makes out to be similarly with Rangers. Then there's the fact that he's presided over quite a few businesses that have went under. When this was brought up on Dundee Mad, he started threatening fans with legal action. Gardiner persistently threatened Dundee fans with legal action over his whole period at Dens.

Moving onto his time at Dens:

He publically backed Barry Smith, who was struggling at the time, before going behind his back to give him the bullet. He then appointed John Brown after telling the media and fans he was going to interview candidates and he had received a waft of strong applicants already. It was later proven that John Brown never even applied for the Dundee job, Gardiner phoned him up without looking at the other candidates and offered him the job.

Following Brown's first home game, Gardiner refused to allow the Main Stand (The stand in which he sits in) to be pay at the gate, which it has been pretty much forever except for massive games, out of fear for 'his safety'.

Gardiner then went on to take control of the Dundee Official Forum and Twitter. He was refusing to allow any critical comments of the club through on the forum and banned any folk who were critical of the club, or even people who asked deep questions on Twitter.

There was then the incident with Rab Douglas in which Bomber told Rab to, 'Pack his bags and GTF', Gardiner told the media that he had resolved the incident over a coffee with Rab just a few days later. When Gardiner left Dundee, Rab opened a bottle of champagne and mentioned the said incident implying that it never happened.

Whilst at Dens, he's announced investments into the club more than once pretending as if it was differing investments.

Whilst the American's were trying to take over the club, he went against the fans group and actively sourced them to take-over. Although if rumour is to be believed, their offer sat on his desk for several weeks without a reply before Bill Colvin noticed it.

Also, there's a video on YT in which he's at a Rich Hall concert and states that he's in the 'Rangers Gang'.

The reason he was relieved of his duties was apparently because we had three different shirt sponsor offers, supposedly lucrative ones at that which he failed to finalise leaving us without strips or sponsors for the start of the season and Bill Colvin, our Chairman has had to step in and pump money into the club to allow his son's company to sponsor us at late notice. Our strips still aren't near being on sale yet.

The whole Rangers opportunity was apparently a lot of spin, not sure they were ever interested in him but that could just be speculation.

Dundee are currently involved in a legal suit (Or were last time I heard of it) for Gardiner sacking a woman who had been at the club since as far back as I can remember for reasons that haven't been mentioned.

Since Gardiner was running Dundee, our hospitality figures plummeted and did I mention he hired John Brown?

Then there's the fact that he was the brains behind the mooted: 12-12 league set-up.

He certainly won't have the same rope he had at Dundee, but my worry would be that he's very good at extending his duties to gain more control.

ETA: Removed a part of my post that was just unnecessary and has no relevance in his working capacity.

Edited by Ludo *1

You can't dress up the fact that all that doesn't make for good reading. I'm confident though that he'll be quickly found out if he's not working within his remit. We have enough experienced business people in there to know when a grade A bullshiter is in their ranks or someone simply not pulling their weight.

Edited by Jambo Stu

Been reading the Scot Gardiner topic on the Hearts forum and there seems to be a lot of misinformation about him on your site. I'll explain why he wasn't a well liked figure at Dundee and a few of his limited positive points.

Firstly, his career is greatly embellished. His role at Tottenham wasn't as great as he makes out to be similarly with Rangers. There's well known rumours that he's not welcome at a few of his family members house's for his 'quick hands' so to say, whether that's true or not I don't know, but it's been mentioned quite a few times. Then there's the fact that he's presided over quite a few businesses that have went under. When this was brought up on Dundee Mad, he started threatening fans with legal action. Gardiner persistently threatened Dundee fans with legal action over his whole period at Dens.

Moving onto his time at Dens:

He publically backed Barry Smith, who was struggling at the time, before going behind his back to give him the bullet. He then appointed John Brown after telling the media and fans he was going to interview candidates and he had received a waft of strong applicants already. It was later proven that John Brown never even applied for the Dundee job, Gardiner phoned him up without looking at the other candidates and offered him the job.

Following Brown's first home game, Gardiner refused to allow the Main Stand (The stand in which he sits in) to be pay at the gate, which it has been pretty much forever except for massive games, out of fear for 'his safety'.

Gardiner then went on to take control of the Dundee Official Forum and Twitter. He was refusing to allow any critical comments of the club through on the forum and banned any folk who were critical of the club, or even people who asked deep questions on Twitter.

There was then the incident with Rab Douglas in which Bomber told Rab to, 'Pack his bags and GTF', Gardiner told the media that he had resolved the incident over a coffee with Rab just a few days later. When Gardiner left Dundee, Rab opened a bottle of champagne and mentioned the said incident implying that it never happened.

Whilst at Dens, he's announced investments into the club more than once pretending as if it was differing investments.

Whilst the American's were trying to take over the club, he went against the fans group and actively sourced them to take-over. Although if rumour is to be believed, their offer sat on his desk for several weeks without a reply before Bill Colvin noticed it.

Also, there's a video on YT in which he's at a Rich Hall concert and states that he's in the 'Rangers Gang'.

The reason he was relieved of his duties was apparently because we had three different shirt sponsor offers, supposedly lucrative ones at that which he failed to finalise leaving us without strips or sponsors for the start of the season and Bill Colvin, our Chairman has had to step in and pump money into the club to allow his son's company to sponsor us at late notice. Our strips still aren't near being on sale yet.

The whole Rangers opportunity was apparently a lot of spin, not sure they were ever interested in him but that could just be speculation.

Dundee are currently involved in a legal suit (Or were last time I heard of it) for Gardiner sacking a woman who had been at the club since as far back as I can remember for reasons that haven't been mentioned.

Since Gardiner was running Dundee, our hospitality figures plummeted and did I mention he hired John Brown?

Then there's the fact that he was the brains behind the mooted: 12-12 league set-up.

He certainly won't have the same rope he had at Dundee, but my worry would be that he's very good at extending his duties to gain more control.

Not a good report for him there. I'm pretty sure he won't ever be in a position to get away with stuff like that at Hearts.

Ann Budge isn't a fool so he must have some skills we are after but hopefully he's on a short leash.

You guys seemed to have signed ex-Rangers keeper Scott Gallacher.

Will he be your No.1 or No.2?

We had him on loan for a few months last season and he was very ordinary. Made a couple of absolute howlers. Then again we had about 8 keepers last season. He was definitely in the top 7.

You guys seemed to have signed ex-Rangers keeper Scott Gallacher.

Will he be your No.1 or No.2?

We had him on loan for a few months last season and he was very ordinary. Made a couple of absolute howlers. Then again we had about 8 keepers last season. He was definitely in the top 7.

Almost certainly a back-up.

Best of luck to Gallagher. He was all set to be Rangers' backup goalkeeper this season until the club, somewhat surprisingly, re-signed Simonsen.

He's 25 and has only played about 50 matches in his career. He need's first team games. That said, I doubt he'll play at Hearts either given they have Neil Alexander.

Hearts are building a stronger side than I expected. Bit of a concern! :)

Best of luck to Gallagher. He was all set to be Rangers' backup goalkeeper this season until the club, somewhat surprisingly, re-signed Simonsen.

He's 25 and has only played about 50 matches in his career. He need's first team games. That said, I doubt he'll play at Hearts either given they have Neil Alexander.

While Hibs are still haven't signed a goalie

Forgive my ignorance, who is Rangers no.1? Hearts are shaping up nicely from my point of view, still a striker short but hopefully sow signs.

You think ally will play three at the back? Rangers will be too strong over a season I think but I fancy us to push you a little more than you've been used too.