Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I see at the moment as our best 11 being;

Alexander

McHattie

Wilson

Ozturk

Paterson

Walker/King (can't decide between the 2)

Gomis

Pallardo

Buaben

Nicholson

Sow

Not sure we've actually seen our best team play together yet.

King has been our best & most consistent winger this season.

King has been our best & most consistent winger this season.

I do agree and King has improved massively but he's more of a consistent all rounder whereas Walker can spark games into life when it looks dead. I think the 3 wingers is probably the one position were even Robbie and Craig haven't decided who is best.

I'd probably play King and use Walker off the bench to spark games.

I do agree and King has improved massively but he's more of a consistent all rounder whereas Walker can spark games into life when it looks dead. I think the 3 wingers is probably the one position were even Robbie and Craig haven't decided who is best.

I'd probably play King and use Walker off the bench to spark games.

I'd start with King & rotate Walker with Nicholson instead.......as good as Nicholson has been at times this season he's gone off the boil of late for which I think Neilson has rightly taken him out of the team for.

I was a bit frustrated with Walker in the 1st half yesterday.....he had 3 opportunities to run at McGregor (a CH played at RB) and checked back every time! Can't complain too much though as he did a lot better 2nd half.

I think you answered yourself a bit there. He gets enough service and support he just doesn't do enough for me. I think there's a player there but it blood and thunder games I wouldn't play him, he doesn't link up as well as Keats,sow or even carrick.

Even so, some fans aren't giving him a break - a few occasions yesterday, the ball was fired in his general direction, with him having no real chance of getting anywhere near it, and some fans are shouting about El Hass being a 'fucking liability', etc - as usual, it's the emptiest vessels that rattle loudest.

Edited by paranoid android

Even so, some fans aren't giving him a break - a few occasions yesterday, the ball was fired in his general direction, with him having no real chance of getting anywhere near it, and some fans are shouting about El Hass being a 'fucking liability', etc - as usual, it's the emptiest vessels that rattle loudest.

Is our number nine made of wood ?

I think Craig Levein was sold a pup :o

Is our number nine made of wood ?

I think Craig Levein was sold a pup :o

:lol:

'mon now, TC - play nice. ;)

El Hass is probably best playing off Sow, but it remains to be seen if he'll be better than Carrick or Keatings in that position. Keatings was brilliant when he came on yesterday. If Sow is still struggling next week, he has to start.

Edited by CGR

El Hass is probably best playing off Sow, but it remains to be seen if he'll be better than Carrick or Keatings in that position. Keatings was brilliant when he came on yesterday. If Sow is still struggling next week, he has to start.

True but Keatings did come on fresh once Rangers were tiring while El Hass had a tougher job doing the first shift.

It's weird with El Hassanaoui, he struck me as someone that works well anywhere in an attacking front three from what I read of him when he signed for us. I don't know if he is a number 9 or a false nine on the basis of what I've seen of him.

You could just see the difference between him and Keatings up top. El Hass would continuously concede needless fouls whereas Keatings had the know how to just pressure the defenders simply by getting in their faces without having to make any contact.

I'll just point out that around me the loudest critics of the Moroccan maestro were also the people shouting at the linesmen for waiting till players interfered with play before raising their flag.

My brother moans about that, actually - he's not loud, though - we didn't have the heart to tell him about the rule.

He's not unintelligent - he just doesn't pay attention to that kind thing. :lol:

My brother moans about that, actually - he's not loud, though - we didn't have the heart to tell him about the rule.

He's not unintelligent - he just doesn't pay attention to that kind thing. :lol:

To be fair to these people the current interpretation of the offside law only came in in 2005

The guy two rows down from was a spectacular case though. He wanted players flagged for offside from a Rangers free kick that hadn't been taken yet

El Has isn't mobile enough to play up on his own and to be fair to him, the midfield were 20 yards away from him for most of the game.

I think he'd be better as part of a front 3. El Has, Sow and Keatings could be ridiculous against some of the weaker teams.

He's a poor mans David Witteveen.

El Hass has been bigged up by Levein since he signed, so it's hardly a surprise to see him be shoehorned in to the team even though he clearly isn't a striker.

I thought he looked decent when played in behind Sow a few weeks ago - Livingston at home for example.

My first XI if everyone was fit would probably be;

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

King Bauben Gomis Walker

Carrick

Sow

We have so many options though, Mcghee, Keatings and McHattie could easily be in there on another day.

Glad Gomis is suspended for game with qos.????

Pallardo looks like he is fit now tho and he seems to be exactly the same type of player (about the same level as well if Saturday is a fair reflection). Buaben will be back as well so I don't think we are weakened any. Edited by Jeffo

Pallardo looks like he is fit now tho and he seems to be exactly the same type of player (about the same level as well if Saturday is a fair reflection). Buaben will be back as well so I don't think we are weakened any.

Exactly.

Was saying in the pub that we have a quality replacement player for every position.

This will be the making of our side this season.

Sorry to butt in, being an Ayr supporter and all, I just wanted to say well done to the hearts board for getting the share certificates out. My late father and his family were all jambos and seeing as he wasn't here to do it I bought shares in his memory.

Whilst it wasn't a lot, it was nice to get some confirmation. Well done Ann Budge. Now enhance my investment and win the league!!