Heart of Midlothian 2014-

We are trying to get Brad McKay signed on a pre-contact apparently.

Thoughts? Any good?

Any time he's been called on this season, he's done well.

McGhee is a better player, but Brad has been picked at centre-half ahead of him, when required.

If Brad leaves, I'd wish him nothing but the best - St Johnstone are a great club, and that would be a great move for him.

Solid centre-half, and a top lad.

Was tipped for big things when he was in the 20's, but he has stalled a bit. There was a bid from Nottingham Forrest last season and apparently his agent has filled his head with nonsense and he's never really recovered from it.

He's excellent technically, Mark Wotte was a big fan of him and was always calling on him to be given a run of games. I find him a bit frustrating as he has the ability to really be a match winner but seems happy to go through the motions at times rather than force the game.

I think he could be a really good signing for Dundee Utd. Sadly his future lies away from Hearts for a number of reasons.

If/when he leaves I'd be astounded if it was for another Scottish club. He's only not starting every week for us because he's refusing to commit to a new deal and he fancies going down South which is fair enough.

He's a big Jambo and if we go up we'd probably offer at least a wage comparitive with United, so if he was to stay in Scotland it'd be with us IMO, but I don't think that's likely either. I could be wrong but just don't see him going there.

Tbf our manager came out last week and said we were in talks with a couple of players going out of contract, but some wanted to wait to see where they stood. I imagine McKay would choose Hearts over us, but he'll be pretty much nailed on as a starter for us with Wrights retirement looming

If people think McKay is going to turn down first team football at St Johnstone to be 4th choice at Heart's people are deluded. He might be a fan but even then. I'd go as far to say he'd be borderline brain dead to do so.

As for Jason Holt he is only just about to turn 22. If we've offered him a new deal we'll be due a development fee (not clear if we have I'd hazard a guess we've offered him something).

75 first team appearences, 8 goals and 7 Scotland U21 caps compared to Charlie Telfer's lone first team appearence. On this basis any development fee surely has to be a quarter of a million pounds upwards. Knowing the SFA we will get £10k.