Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Did you guys know that Miko appears to be the fourth most-capped Lithuanian player of all time? :o

Not surprised. Decent player for a nation that prefers basketball. *neiljb has fond memories of his goals* Aaaahh.

He was inconsistent but he could come up with magic on his day. Some great goals.

His winner against Hibs in the 3-2 game was a highlight.

His goal against Celtic was a beauty too.

Didn't he also score an absolute raker against Aberdeen?

Hamilton should stay as number 1 until he makes a mistake, he's done nothing to merit being dropped and would be an unfair hit on the confidence for a young player.

In fairness, Hamilton hasn't done anything to prove he can fight for number 1 either.

Couldn't do much about the goals he conceded to Hibs and Falkirk as they were quality finishes but he's rarely been tested when I've seen. I don't know what he was like against Raith as I wasn't there and I can't remember if he was in against Stenny as again I wasn't there, but Hibs and Falkirk didn't put him under any pressure or force saves out of him at all.

In fairness, Hamilton hasn't done anything to prove he can fight for number 1 either.

Couldn't do much about the goals he conceded to Hibs and Falkirk as they were quality finishes but he's rarely been tested when I've seen. I don't know what he was like against Raith as I wasn't there and I can't remember if he was in against Stenny as again I wasn't there, but Hibs and Falkirk didn't put him under any pressure or force saves out of him at all.

Raith away was his best game. Handled everything well and decisive when leaving his line. He also made a very good save against Hibs from close range that I think you are forgetting about, not to mention the fact that the pen conceded never was and in fact another good decision.

Not advocating he should remain as No 1 but as he will be staying at the club he should at least remain in the matchday squads ahead of Gallagher (when he is fit - as IMO he is utter fucking pony)

Raith away was his best game. Handled everything well and decisive when leaving his line. He also made a very good save against Hibs from close range that I think you are forgetting about, not to mention the fact that the pen conceded never was and in fact another good decision.

Not advocating he should remain as No 1 but as he will be staying at the club he should at least remain in the matchday squads ahead of Gallagher (when he is fit - as IMO he is utter fucking pony)

Most of what I was going to say is covered by Johnny Fingers, Raith was definitely his best game, not just for saves but he just looked confident which spread into the defence as well. I like how he's adapted to Robbie's play from defence tactic so well, you could probably count on one hand the amount of times he punted it up the pitch as opposed to passing it out to the defence or Gomis.

My reasoning behind keeping him in the team is purely down to the fact he's not had a bad game, even if he's not had a magnificent one. I'd actually be tempted to keep Hamilton and Gallagher in the squad and use Alexander as the goalkeeping coach/backup since our squad methodology seems to be give younger players a chance.

What are you basing this on?

I was going to ask the same, he looked fine when he came on at £1brox and I doubt folk have seen much else from him.

Personally I think the no1 spot is JH's to lose, granted he's not had much to do but his distribution has been good which helps us build from the back.

I'd keep Alexander as first choice this season, and send Hamilton back to Stenny to get game time. I'd probably aim to introduce Hamilton as first choice sometime towards the end of next season, depending on league position, with a view to him being established as first choice the season after next.