Heart of Midlothian 2014-

How are you guys enjoying your 1 season tour of the lower leagues? I remember with fond memories visiting grounds like Somerset and Palmerston Parks, whatever Airdrie's stadium is called this week, Cappielow etc back in 09-10.

Great times.

How are you guys enjoying your 1 season tour of the lower leagues? I remember with fond memories visiting grounds like Somerset and Palmerston Parks, whatever Airdrie's stadium is called this week, Cappielow etc back in 09-10.

Great times.

It's not much different from the top flight except we score a lot more goals and concede very few.

If Rangers can implode sufficiently to give us a decent margin of error then this could be as stress free and pleasant a season as I can remember.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Great times.

Quite enjoying it so far, with travelling fans enjoying trips to Kirkcaldy, Livingston, and Dumfries - Dumbarton was probably less enjoyable, mind, but you can't win them all, can you?

No-one will tell you that it's preferable to being in the top league, but you have to get your jollies when and where you can - despite the many trials and tribulations of last season, I rather enjoyed it, on the whole - a lot of laughs, actually.

I think the best thing for us is that it looks like we're being well managed for the first time in ages.

I think The Championship is a great league with lots of great clubs - we'll continue to enjoy it for as long as we keep playing well, scoring goals, and picking up points.

The aim is to gain promotion asap, though.

Quite enjoying it so far, with travelling fans enjoying trips to Kirkcaldy, Livingston, and Dumfries - Dumbarton was probably less enjoyable, mind, but you can't win them all, can you?

No-one will tell you that it's preferable to being in the top league, but you have to get your jollies when and where you can - despite the many trials and tribulations of last season, I rather enjoyed it, on the whole - a lot of laughs, actually.

I think the best thing for us is that it looks like we're being well managed for the first time in ages.

I think The Championship is a great league with lots of great clubs - we'll continue to enjoy it for as long as we keep playing well, scoring goals, and picking up points.

The aim is to gain promotion asap, though.

I enjoyed Dumbarton.......good craic with the home fans in the pub and at the game even if the performance was pretty poor.

Great times.

Far more enjoyable than the Premiership to be honest.

What's that, then?

A host of former Hearts players have pledged to attend next week’s Appreciation Dinner in the Gorgie Suite.

The event on Friday, October 10, has been organised by the 1874 Fighting Fund to honour those who helped the Jambos come through the trauma of administration, while also celebrating the club’s revival under new owner Ann Budge.

Former manager Gary Locke and his squad from last season will be among those who will be acclaimed for their efforts in a campaign when the playing staff was decimated and then further handicapped by a 15-point penalty.

Locke, his former players Jamie MacDonald and Ryan Stevenson, who took paycuts to remain at the club, and Billy Brown, who worked as unpaid assistant manager, will be among last season’s representatives at the event.

Also in attendance will be ex-Jambos Jimmy Murray, Alex MacDonald, Sandy Clark, Drew Busby, Stevie Fulton, Gary Mackay, Jimmy Sandison and Davie Clunie, while Hearts-supporter, athlete Eilidh Child, will make a guest appearance.

There are still a small number of tickets (priced £40) remaining for the dinner. Any supporters interested in attending can buy a ticket by contacting the Fighting Fund via their website www.1874fightingfund.com

A host of former Hearts players have pledged to attend next week’s Appreciation Dinner in the Gorgie Suite.

The event on Friday, October 10, has been organised by the 1874 Fighting Fund to honour those who helped the Jambos come through the trauma of administration, while also celebrating the club’s revival under new owner Ann Budge.

Former manager Gary Locke and his squad from last season will be among those who will be acclaimed for their efforts in a campaign when the playing staff was decimated and then further handicapped by a 15-point penalty.

Locke, his former players Jamie MacDonald and Ryan Stevenson, who took paycuts to remain at the club, and Billy Brown, who worked as unpaid assistant manager, will be among last season’s representatives at the event.

Also in attendance will be ex-Jambos Jimmy Murray, Alex MacDonald, Sandy Clark, Drew Busby, Stevie Fulton, Gary Mackay, Jimmy Sandison and Davie Clunie, while Hearts-supporter, athlete Eilidh Child, will make a guest appearance.

There are still a small number of tickets (priced £40) remaining for the dinner. Any supporters interested in attending can buy a ticket by contacting the Fighting Fund via their website www.1874fightingfund.com

Hadn't heard about that - nice one.