Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Aye and getting to Edinburgh on a Sunday with no trains is easy???

Who said it was easy like? Having the kick of that early for the semi was a terrible decision, which I've already said. It doesn't mean that this isn't also a poor decision.

Aye and getting to Edinburgh on a Sunday with no trains is easy???

Don't ICT lose out if fewer Hearts fans make it up?

As to the semi-final, aye, stupid decision. Blame the clowns who run our game.

You lot have offered Conrad Balatoni a deal.

:huh: Not sure why you'd release McKay then sign Balatoni tbh, seems a bit of a downgrade

:huh: Not sure why you'd release McKay then sign Balatoni tbh, seems a bit of a downgrade

Pretty sure we approached McKay about an extension but he wanted to go where he could play.

That said I don't know enough about Balatoni to say it'd be a downgrade. He has a decent bit experience and would likely be back up anyway.

I'm sure Brad accepted St Johnstone's offer when Hearts told him we weren't going to offer him a deal.

I'd heard Balatoni was on trial at St Mirren.

As much as I like Brad, I'd say Balatoni was an improvement.

According to his bird we verbally offered him a 1 year deal but he wasn't convinced about his role in the squad. So don't know if it was ever formally put to him, but she said we definitely intimated we wanted him to stay. Even if we did though I think he made the right choice for his career.

As much as I like Brad, I'd say Balatoni was an improvement.

Unless you're trying to WUM, I expect you'll be disappointed

According to his bird we verbally offered him a 1 year deal but he wasn't convinced about his role in the squad. So don't know if it was ever formally put to him, but she said we definitely intimated we wanted him to stay. Even if we did though I think he made the right choice for his career.

Fair enough - maybe we said we wouldn't stand in his way, or something. I think he made the right choice too - St Johnstone's a great move for him.

Again, fair enough - I wasn't at the wind up.

It looks like Augusyn and Ozturk might be the preferred pairing, and we want to develop Jordan McGhee, but we need another centre-back to provide back-up and competition - Balatoni could be that guy.

Balatoni would hardly be an exciting signing (wouldn't have to be to be 4th choice centre-back anyway) but on what basis is McKay any better?

Balatoni would hardly be an exciting signing (wouldn't have to be to be 4th choice centre-back anyway) but on what basis is McKay any better?

Randomguy seems to know more about McKay than most Hearts fans.

Just basing it on the fact McKays younger, and looks capable of playing regularly at this level. While Balatoni had a good couple of months and for the rest of the few years hes played at this level he's looked miles out his depth