Heart of Midlothian 2014-

McGhee 19, Paterson 20, Nicholson 20, King 21, Walker 22. Happy to correct you :)

His age is irrelevant as all the above players have proved. They've all been deemed good enough to feature regularly over the last 2/3 years and paterson has almost 100 games under his belt, Hearts do give our best young players an opportunity.

McGhee's age really isn't the issue, we just have better players playing in his position therefore he will struggle to get a game.

Its actually quite straightforward.

And debating at the adults table??? :lol::lol::lol: How ironic

Erm, McGhee turned 19 last month, Paterson turns 21 in October. That's 22 months, near enough two full years. Even Nicholson is a full year and a half older than him.

None of these players were introduced as early to the first team as McGhee was. None were as good as they are now when they were his age and perhaps only Paterson had a similar number of appearances.

Short of us selling him for a good fee - as the club have already outlined - he will be a big player for us in the coming seasons.

What a shitemare for you.

Erm, McGhee turned 19 last month, Paterson turns 21 in October. That's 22 months, near enough two full years. Even Nicholson is a full year and a half older than him.

None of these players were introduced as early to the first team as McGhee was. None were as good as they are now when they were his age and perhaps only Paterson had a similar number of appearances.

Short of us selling him for a good fee - as the club have already outlined - he will be a big player for us in the coming seasons.

What a shitemare for you.

My point is quite clear on McGhee. Muppets like you reckon we should be looking for a million pounds for a guy who canny get a game in the bang average spl. Total delusion.

Edited by Dirty Debbie Harry

It's not straightforward though. Breaking into the team as a centre half is much harder than breaking in as a winger due to it being such an important position.

The fact he has nearly 50 appearances despite only turning 19 a few months ago and never having been first choice surely suggests he's extremely highly rated no?

I'd like to think Neilson and levein want to keep him, i dont want him being sold either but he needs games and with the 2 new lads signing in the summer his chances will be limited. Would like to see him go on loan and come back really pushing for a start.. Competitive football is what he needs, warming the bench is hindering his progress for me at the moment.

My point is quite clear on McGhee. Muppets like you reckon we should be looking for a million pounds for a guy who canny get a game in the bang average spl. Total delusion.

"Muppets like you" :lol:

If a player with 0 appearances in the bang average Scottish Premiership who's played 2 seasons for Falkirk can go for £1m then I don't think that's too much to expect. No doubt you'd happily take £100k though eh? Given we're deluded and he's nowhere near, or going to be near the amount we're asking for.

A sensible Hearts supporter - it'll never catch on.

The signings we've made in his position are experienced players on shortish contracts. McGhee will play plenty this season.

He's the captain of Scotland u21s and has been age group captain and a stand out at every level on the way up. No being a regular at just turned 19 isn't that unusual but given the number of clubs who've been linked with him it might tell you about how highly rated the boy is within the game.

The signings we've made in his position are experienced players on shortish contracts. McGhee will play plenty this season.

He's the captain of Scotland u21s and has been age group captain and a stand out at every level on the way up. No being a regular at just turned 19 isn't that unusual but given the number of clubs who've been linked with him it might tell you about how highly rated the boy is within the game.

Signing experienced players makes sense, mcGhee has done well when called upon and has undeniable potential, none of this i am disagreeing with at all. I'd like to see him getting a starting berth on merit and hopefully progress an do very well for us in the future and if we do indeed sell him, we get a true value that reflects his ability, i've nothing against the lad, all my posts are consistant.

He's just not worth £1m considering his current status at the club, he must be playing regular football over a period of time. Is this really such an outlandish statement?

"Muppets like you" :lol:

If a player with 0 appearances in the bang average Scottish Premiership who's played 2 seasons for Falkirk can go for £1m then I don't think that's too much to expect. No doubt you'd happily take £100k though eh? Given we're deluded and he's nowhere near, or going to be near the amount we're asking for.

McGrandles had started 50+ games, a key player in a very decent falkirk team and proved this over 2 seasons. McGhee has not done the equivalent at hearts. If you think he's worth £1m then bully for you, i just disagree with the valuation from certain posters on here. Nothing more nothing less.

Signing experienced players makes sense, mcGhee has done well when called upon and has undeniable potential, none of this i am disagreeing with at all. I'd like to see him getting a starting berth on merit and hopefully progress an do very well for us in the future and if we do indeed sell him, we get a true value that reflects his ability, i've nothing against the lad, all my posts are consistant.

He's just not worth £1m considering his current status at the club, he must be playing regular football over a period of time. Is this really such an outlandish statement?

McGrandles had started 50+ games, a key player in a very decent falkirk team and proved this over 2 seasons. McGhee has not done the equivalent at hearts. If you think he's worth £1m then bully for you, i just disagree with the valuation from certain posters on here. Nothing more nothing less.

McGrandles has never played a top flight game. McGhee has started a good number for Hearts.

Of course he's not worth a million pounds as a player now, don't think anyone says he is. The point is Hearts should be asking for a fee which reflects his potential, as Falkirk did. If he fails to live up to his potential then that becomes a different story. If he gets near it then a million pounds would be a massive bargain.

if we do indeed sell him, we get a true value that reflects his ability

Just as well you won't be leading transfer negotiations for Hearts.

We want an inflated value that overstates his ability (or potential ability).

Right, back you go to the kiddys table with the Dundee bumpkins.

2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

McGrandles has never played a top flight game. McGhee has started a good number for Hearts.

Of course he's not worth a million pounds as a player now, don't think anyone says he is. The point is Hearts should be asking for a fee which reflects his potential, as Falkirk did. If he fails to live up to his potential then that becomes a different story. If he gets near it then a million pounds would be a massive bargain.

McGrandles hasn't played in the top flight, but he has started a great deal more first team games and consistently proved himself at a good level. McGhee needs to play regularly and establish himself, something i truly hope will happen at hearts.

Some fans are quoted on this very thread proclaiming we shouldn't take less than a million, these posts were the reason i chipped in initially.

We're going round in circles here, I've tried to make my point but and its clear i'm probably in the minority but thats fair enough.

Onwards and upwards, looking forward to the possibility of 5 in a row tomorrow, getting a rare opportunity to have pre-match micks for a change also. McGhee for first goal anyone? ;)

Hearts are under no pressure to sell him. If the management think he has a great deal of potential then why sell him for £500,000?

Neilson has already explained Hearts won't be selling players for "peanuts", which that figure is for English Championship sides these days.

Bang average?! Probably the best squad ever to play in Scottish top flight you mean.......