Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Where to start here :lol: As good as winning 5-1 was back in 2012, that doesn't mean I'm not pissed off or gutted when we lose to Hibs. Our new main stand is not an exact replica of the "lego east stand" it's quite clear there are a number of facilities in the plans which make it an all round superior stand. I should hope so given the price comparisons. Hibs fans are tragic obsessives.

I haven't said I don't care about losing games to hibs anymore, I've made that pretty clear, I do. I'm saying, every time hibs beat us, in the end, it counts for nothing, 7-0, 6-2, albert kidd, anything hibs try, put it all together and it can be hit out of the park by the complete comprehensive humiliation of 5-1 and therefore ultimately nothing hibs do can really hurt us, not for too long anyway. Obviously this is from a personal perspective, I cant speak for all Hearts fans, but I'd say this is pretty much how just about every Jambo I know feels, maybe you're different dunno.

And yet comparisons were being made by your fellow fan(s).

The comparison that I was making was concerning the fact that both Hearts new Stand and Hibs east look pretty much identical. Of course that's only the pitch view. I think the rest of the Main stand at Hearts will be very smart. I was just asking the Jambos on here their opinion, That's all.

The comparison that I was making was concerning the fact that both Hearts new Stand and Hibs east look pretty much identical. Of course that's only the pitch view. I think the rest of the Main stand at Hearts will be very smart. I was just asking the Jambos on here their opinion, That's all.

The pitch view isn't even conclusive. It's a shan artists impression, photoshopped (badly) onto a photo of tynecastle. I'll give my opinion when the final plan has been submitted.

What do the Hearts fans on here think of the new stand btw? Genuinely interested to hear an opinion on it.

To me It just looks like an exact copy of our East stand/very similar to the Wheatfield stand. Obviously with it being the main stand I can imagine the inside etc being very smart.

It looks pretty simple, but the image released (and in my avatar) is not what the final version will be. I dunno what you can really do with a stand, its a big building with seats in it for fans. The image released regarding the rear with the glass facade and corporate boxes with the castle view looks good. I guess we will need to await the official planning application before we know more.

For me the bottom line is the current/old stand is not fit for purpose, and has not been for a long time...I am glad we are staying at Tynecastle in the first place.

It honestly just doesn't matter all that much anymore. You'll get this eventually. Hibs cant hurt us, 5-1 has set us up for life. It could have been so different, it isn't. You can try and try but it's the way it is. Sorry. 

Correct.

I'm sure it didn't hurt losing a 2 nil lead at home to us and I'm sure it didn't hurt losing the replay. That's me totally convinced :lol:

It did yes (I got over that a day later), but not nearly as much as the 5-1 humiliation the Hibs fans went through...we are not going to win every Derby, but winning the most important one EVER will always give us the more joy....until/if Hibs ever do anything similar.

What do the Hearts fans on here think of the new stand btw? Genuinely interested to hear an opinion on it.

To me It just looks like an exact copy of our East stand/very similar to the Wheatfield stand. Obviously with it being the main stand I can imagine the inside etc being very smart.

As The Tackle mentioned, that photo is just an artists impression at the moment. I can't see it differing too much on the football side to the Wheatfield and the East Stand at Easter Road (apart from hopefully people flow getting improved - it takes ages to get out of games from my seat at the top of the Wheatfield if I don't leave early). 

The inside certainly sounds like it'll be smart. A restaurant/hospitality area (with a lot of covers) with views of Edinburgh's skyline and the castle. There's a preliminary plan of the inside kicking around somewhere online. 

There's a preliminary plan of the inside kicking around somewhere online. 

I think what your on about is a plan of the Wheatfield undercoft work which is to be done, not the new main stand. 

Unless I missed them.  :thumsup2

Edited by The Future's Maroon

I think what your on about is a plan of the Wheatfield undercoft work which is to be done, not the new main stand.  :thumsup2

Nope. There were plans of the Main Stand posted on other forums before being swiftly deleted.

Not before I saved my own copies of course. greggy.png

As The Tackle mentioned, that photo is just an artists impression at the moment. I can't see it differing too much on the football side to the Wheatfield and the East Stand at Easter Road (apart from hopefully people flow getting improved - it takes ages to get out of games from my seat at the top of the Wheatfield if I don't leave early).

The inside certainly sounds like it'll be smart. A restaurant/hospitality area (with a lot of covers) with views of Edinburgh's skyline and the castle. There's a preliminary plan of the inside kicking around somewhere online.

It's absolutely murder try to get out when your at the top of the East aswell. I think a two tier stand would have looked the business but the atmosphere for the big games should be even better should Tynie remain as steep as it currently is. I was in the Gorgie for the League Cup Semi this year and must admit Tynie is a cracking place to watch football.

Agree about the inside, should be very smart. Best thing about this new stand from a Hibs point of view is that, come the Derby, we'll get the Roseburn and 2000 or so seats in the main stand aswell. Everyone's a winner.

*insert troll face gif.*

Brilliant response. Three smilies and an utter pish, truly I'm floored by that. Tell me then how hibs can ever possibly lay a glove on Hearts again after that day? You know it, I know it, every Scottish football fan knows it.

You've got this for the rest of your life.

Unlucky.

U wot m8.

How can Hibs ever lay a glove on Hearts ever again? What are you slavering on about? It's a game of football not the end of mankind as we know it.

Chill out eh.

As hard as it may be for you to accept, I care not a f**k about 5-1 :lol:

U wot m8.

How can Hibs ever lay a glove on Hearts ever again? What are you slavering on about? It's a game of football not the end of mankind as we know it.

Chill out eh.

As hard as it may be for you to accept, I care not a f**k about 5-1 :lol:

I've explained myself OK I think. You on the other hand aren't making much sense. I'm basically saying you can try to wind us up with albert kidd as you tried to do a few pages back, give it 7-0, 6-2, you haven't beaten us for 2 years ect, but it really counts for hardly anything because of the ultimate humiliation, this will last no matter what hibs do, it's a simple as that, I dont think that's slavering or over blowing anything, I think that's pretty straight forward. I hope you get it this time.

Edited by Pailleman

I've explained myself OK I think. You on the other hand aren't making much sense. I'm basically saying you can try to wind us up with albert kidd as you tried to do a few pages back, give it 7-0, 6-2, you haven't beaten us for 2 years ect, but it really counts for hardly anything because of the ultimate humiliation, this will last no matter what hibs do, it's a simple as that, I dont think that's slavering or over blowing anything, I think that's pretty straight forward. I hope you get it this time.

Jumping straight in at the 5-1 patter on here is basically raising the white Flag. You'll learn.

It's absolutely murder try to get out when your at the top of the East aswell. I think a two tier stand would have looked the business but the atmosphere for the big games should be even better should Tynie remain as steep as it currently is. I was in the Gorgie for the League Cup Semi this year and must admit Tynie is a cracking place to watch football.

Agree about the inside, should be very smart. Best thing about this new stand from a Hibs point of view is that, come the Derby, we'll get the Roseburn and 2000 or so seats in the main stand aswell. Everyone's a winner.

*insert troll face gif.*

A two-tiered stand would've looked awesome, aye. It would've been too expensive and too many seats for what we need, though.

Only 2000 in the new official Bobby Walker and the Jambos skelped Kaiser Wilhelm II stand? I've heard some incredible news that the #somoney bois have been on the dog and bone to the Budge offering her top dolla for the rest of the seats. #moneyspinner