Heart of Midlothian 2014-

This thread is ganting.

Sammon is OK, will give him a chance. Fully expecting another striker so it's not like we are pinning all our hopes on him. If he takes El Hassnaoui's place and actually males a few appearances then it's a clear upgrade.

Can you remember the boy who was the 3rd choice centre back for Hearts that Elixir said was worth at least £1m?

Well, considering we turned down about £500,000 for him... :lol:
:lol:

Not just saying it because we are linked with him but I thought all last season he was the one player hearts had that cause the opposition real problems. While obviously he isn't as good as Hayes he's still young and I think could be a good replacement if Hayes leaves.

Hilarious that elixir has now decided he's shite though :lol:

Think you'll find I was calling him shite 18 months ago. Thanks.

Think... David Templeton.

Sammon isn't exactly an inspiring signing. Neilson always makes the point that he thinks you get better value for money in the foreign market, and I agree with that, so I'm a bit puzzled at this and the Cowie move. Unless he's taken a big wage cut it doesn't make much sense.

To be fair, there are plenty of strikers who haven't done much in England and done well up here, Kyle and Beattie are two examples of that for us. There's also the fact that he scored regularly in his last season at Killie. I know Eremenko was a big factor in that but apparently he only directly set up 4 of Sammon's 15 league goals, so that factor is probably a bit exaggerated.

He might do a job but he's definitely not going to be someone who'll bring us up a level. Hopefully we'll have another striker coming in.

You could easily flip that round and say that in two and a half seasons at Killie, he had a half a season purple patch after being abysmal for two seasons. It's a different one from Kyle and Beattie because Sammon has already been shite in Scotland, whereas they'd never played here.

Maybe he's a better player after his time in England, but if he's the same player he was at Kilmarnock he's not good enough for a side aiming for the European places.

You could easily flip that round and say that in two and a half seasons at Killie, he had a half a season purple patch after being abysmal for two seasons. It's a different one from Kyle and Beattie because Sammon has already been shite in Scotland, whereas they'd never played here.

Maybe he's a better player after his time in England, but if he's the same player he was at Kilmarnock he's not good enough for a side aiming for the European places.

We have a European place already. We are aiming for the title. We have a five year plan, three years to go.