Heart of Midlothian 2014-

What's Pressley actually done to merit the Hearts job? He's been a failure down south and fans of both Coventry and Fleetwood don't have many good things to say about him. Hearts can do better imo.

I actually reckon the Cathro rumour could have some legs in it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he took the job, if offered. Being serious for a minute there's much worse places to start your managerial career. Big club, good average gates, well run, and the new stand going up. Throw in the chance of European football and it's not too bad a job for Cathro to cut his managerial teeth. He'd go down as a legend if he managed to win a cup too.

Naturally, I hope Hearts appoint a Naysmith or Daly and it all go's tits up.

1 hour ago, AnCrùbag said:

If Queen Anne really wants to troll the moronic section of our support, she should poach Lennon from Hibs.

Otherwise, Cathro is probably the best bet. Rookie manager an aw that though...

That's if she can see past Paulo's impressive Football Manager CV he's filled her inbox with......

If Queen Anne really wants to troll the moronic section of our support, she should poach Lennon from Hibs.

Otherwise, Cathro is probably the best bet. Rookie manager an aw that though...

Yeah there's numerous instances of 'highly rated' coaches being spectacular failures when they finally get a manager's job. I still think Cathro would be mad to take it. Surely he could bide his time at Newcastle and get a bigger job in England than the Hearts job.

I guess I would be happy with Cathro if he comes. Aside from everything about him sounds too good to be true, I have no idea whether to expect he'll actually be good in his own right.

Hartley would be a lateral move at best. I don't think he's any better than Neilson.

Pressley is an egotistical shitehawk that would prefer to be a manager in his own right rather a head coach. Even then, he hasn't been proven to be a good manager anywhere he's been even though he carries himself like he is, and I don't think I'll ever forget his chest-thumping antics when he came as a Celtic player. Anyone wanting him as our coach should seek help immediately.

Crawford, although perfectly primed to a promotion from within, will never get the support from Hearts fans if Neilson is the benchmark. He's also supposed to be the one that works with the strikers at training. For his input there alone, I'd be happy to see the back of him.

Naysmith is just a name attached because he has Hearts ties and has done an okay job. Houston probably the same.

What's most infuriating is that almost every name mentioned so far has either an attachment to Hearts, Levein, or both. It's not as bad as the folks on Sportsound touting Barry Ferguson for the job. But other than Cathro, they're all as underwhelming as how a pot noodle tastes nowadays. Talk about a lack of imagination in who we want for our appointment. If these are the candidates, I'm almost happy to stick with Neilson. He might not be capable of making us a great team, but he still made us a good one, and some of the stick he's gets from a fair whack of our fans is totally unjustified.