Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Nope. He's come out saying he wants to fight for his place. I don't want to see him have a place but I'm not willing to fight him.

Plenty of other players have had the 'we can't guarantee you games' talk - Cathro might not want to continue that approach, but, if United are interested in taking Sammon, I think I'd be trying to force the issue in the case of a player who is playing so poorly, and is surely so low on confidence

Plenty of other players have had the 'we can't guarantee you games' talk - Cathro might not want to continue that approach, but, if United are interested in taking Sammon, I think I'd be trying to force the issue in the case of a player who is playing so poorly, and is surely so low on confidence

Likewise, be telling him to get out there and get some goals (or at least good performances) then can come back firing when the loan is up. Not much you can do if he says no though, as well coming out and backing him I guess.

2 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Likewise, be telling him to get out there and get some goals (or at least good performances) then can come back firing when the loan is up. Not much you can do if he says no though, as well coming out and backing him I guess.

Yup - if a player with two and a half years left on his contract is determined to stay, the coach has to manage that situation.

A big part of that second half last Saturday became all about Sammon - his very appearance on the park had everybody on edge.

Cathro is just a walking soundbite. It's like he's reading some kind of football instruction manual every time he says something. He has all the chat but unfortunately he does not have the tools at his disposal to back up his words. Kind of doubt if he will ever have the squad to make his dreams come true no matter where he goes.

Cathro is just a walking soundbite. It's like he's reading some kind of football instruction manual every time he says something. He has all the chat but unfortunately he does not have the tools at his disposal to back up his words. Kind of doubt if he will ever have the squad to make his dreams come true no matter where he goes.

Said this from the start, glad other folk are know catching on.

4 hours ago, supermik said:

That seems a bit premature. He's only two minutes in the door.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Said this from the start, glad other folk are know catching on.

QED.

7 hours ago, supermik said:

How do you know that, mik?