Heart of Midlothian 2014-

20 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

I wouldn't mind Daniel Stendel or Darren Moore if we could get him. 

I was talking about Moore when he was a free agent in the summer. Ken, when Levein SHOULD have stepped down. bQshDtu.png

Tell you what though lads, it's some feeling knowing he's gone. An absolute delight that waking up and remembering that he's still manager is now history. 

That looks awfy like its McPhees job to lose.

... if that’s what you’re looking to read

The alternative reading would be that McPhee is being quite open about not being ready to be top banana yet and feels he needs a bit of support while he’s caretaker.

The combination of someone who knows everybody and somebody who can come in with a fresh perspective looks like a good response to our short term predicament

Now that the previously remote possibility of a cup final against hibs is no longer a thing I’m not particularly bothered about the short term though

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

... if that’s what you’re looking to read

The alternative reading would be that McPhee is being quite open about not being ready to be top banana yet and feels he needs a bit of support while he’s caretaker.

The combination of someone who knows everybody and somebody who can come in with a fresh perspective looks like a good response to our short term predicament

Now that the previously remote possibility of a cup final against hibs is no longer a thing I’m not particularly bothered about the short term though

It was the fact hes being allowed to make changes to the coaching staff that makes me think he'll have to be an absolute disaster to not get it.

I like McPhee and wouldn't be upset if he was given a chance for a dozen games or so to see what he's about.

If he continued to serve up the dross that Levein did, then realistically the whole backroom team would need binned.

There are some more than decent managers currently out of work and we'd be a great platform to rebuild their stock.

The Sunday Mail is suggesting we're going to go ahead with pursuing Stephen Robinson as number 1 target.

If this is true, it's (further) confirmation that our board are clueless fucking idiots with zero imagination or ambition. Ignoring all other potential candidates to appoint a guy because he managed to finished 7th and 8th with Motherwell and is currently on a good run of results is just the height of diddiness.

On 02/11/2019 at 18:16, JamieThomas said:

I was talking about Moore when he was a free agent in the summer. Ken, when Levein SHOULD have stepped down. bQshDtu.png

Tell you what though lads, it's some feeling knowing he's gone. An absolute delight that waking up and remembering that he's still manager is now history. 

Yeah it was nonsense him being ditched by WBA after the work he was doing. 

There is clearly a reluctance to appoint black managers in general. There must be such untapped potential there.  

I imagine we will take someone off the usual managerial merry go round instead however. 

The Sunday Mail is suggesting we're going to go ahead with pursuing Stephen Robinson as number 1 target.
If this is true, it's (further) confirmation that our board are clueless fucking idiots with zero imagination or ambition. Ignoring all other potential candidates to appoint a guy because he managed to finished 7th and 8th with Motherwell and is currently on a good run of results is just the height of diddiness.
Robinson is a good manager IMO. I don't think he'd be a disaster appointment, seems to have always been well regarded as a coach.

Motherwell were always looking unstable as f**k in the seasons before him but he took the shitebag element out of them and recruited a much more solid team.

He's miles ahead of some of the pish being mentioned here and is actually a 21st century manager who has done fine in Scotland. Sensible appointments are often 'uninspiring' because the simple fact of the matter is that there's always going to be demand in excess of supply (there's only so many clubs people can have experience of managing).

29 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Yeah it was nonsense him being ditched by WBA after the work he was doing. 

There is clearly a reluctance to appoint black managers in general. There must be such untapped potential there.  

I imagine we will take someone off the usual managerial merry go round instead however. 

Can you imagine some elements of our support if we had a black manager and he didn't do well?

50 minutes ago, Darren said:

Can you imagine some elements of our support if we had a black manager and he didn't do well?

It’s pretty terrible that you would have to think that but fair play for admitting it. If anything an appointment like this could easily out the gammons in your support and bin them but the papers would have a field day over it and be seen as PR disaster.

I went on the BBC football website the other week and the whole page was listed with incidents of racism and condemnation. However  I think now is probably a worse time than say a decade ago for black man wanting to manage in football as Chairmen would rather play it safe and not draw unwanted attention to their club should it go wrong.

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

Struggle to believe there is a conscious reluctance to employ black managers.

I think it's more likely that there's a reluctance to give opportunities to those with little experience given the short term demands at football clubs. And unfortunately due to historic issues there are very few experienced black managers out there.