Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 hours ago, McGarci said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/i-have-not-been-manipulated-hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-new-sporting-director-role-and-craig-leveins-job-826636

It seems that budge want to divide the staff, every people will have less power than CL (who apparently has total football control), not bad. more people will have differents points of view

each proffesional in his duties/plot, a mister in the field, head recruitment/scout for signing/selling players, head youth academy etc and over them a main manager....

McGarci. Sorry to be rude. But I don't for a second buy your impression of an ESL-speaker. 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You apparently failed to get Derek Adams in for an interview.

No idea why you tried, but there you go.

There's an AK47 munitions factory worth of bullets en route that'll require dodging!

Really hoping that's just paper talk, why one earth would we talk to him? Maybe Hearts have leaked it so when we reveal Robbie Neilson we'll feel relieved.

Of course it fucking is, Derek Adams for f**k sake?! We’re shite but we’re no’ that shite. Like when Billy Davies “turned us down”...

21 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Of course it fucking is, Derek Adams for f**k sake?! We’re shite but we’re no’ that shite. Like when Billy Davies “turned us down”...

Tbf, as much as I hate The Sun they've been spot on with Hearts stories in the last few years.  They clearly have a contact at the club.

I think we're all a bit quick to jump on the 'turned down' bus.

Every club speaks to a million agents about these things. It's perfectly possible that Derek Adams' agent was one of the guys we spoke to to say 'is your guy available?'. There'll be plenty of people asked to gauge the market. If one of these guys then takes another job, Club X have been 'snubbed'.

Alternatively the agent gets in touch with the club to say 'my guy's available' and then he gets offered another job and takes it. 'Snubbed'.

Alternatively, it's just completely made up. We'll probably never know, but I doubt he was our number one boy.

That's journalism.

Edited by JTS98

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I think we're all a bit quick to jump on the 'turned down' bus.

Every club speaks to a million agents about these things. It's perfectly possible that Derek Adams' agent was one of the guys we spoke to to say 'is your guy available?'. There'll be plenty of people asked to gauge the market. If one of these guys then takes another job, Club X have been 'snubbed'.

That's journalism.

Was it not Davies himself that said it though?

34 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tbf, as much as I hate The Sun they've been spot on with Hearts stories in the last few years.  They clearly have a contact at the club.

And, for all that he's obviously a bellend, Adams has been pretty successful lwherever he's gone (certainly more so than Robinson at Motherwell), and on a limited budget too.  Given we could yet end up with Austin fucking McPhee, maybe best not to look down on the likes of Adams too much.

51 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I have a mate (good Hearts man) who has done some writing for a well-known tabloid newspaper's football department.

Not a manager story, but he took a transfer story he had to his editor a couple of years ago and said he was struggling to get decent confirmation for it. In what my mate describes as being exactly like a scene from The Thick Of It, the editor then calls a player he knows at another club to tell him he's heard a player in his position at another club (and subject of the initial 'story') might be moving on and he might be ideal to replace him. This obviously sets in motion a chain of phone calls to his agent and so on until the editor gets a text from someone asking if he's heard that player A might be on the move. The perfect circle.

"There you go, a source within Club X".

The transfer did not happen. But the quote bumped it from one of those wee boxes of nothing into an actual half-page story.

I'd imagine a lot of manager stories work the same way.

Edited by JTS98

And, for all that he's obviously a bellend, Adams has been pretty successful lwherever he's gone (certainly more so than Robinson at Motherwell), and on a limited budget too.  Given we could yet end up with Austin fucking McPhee, maybe best not to look down on the likes of Adams too much.

Impossible not to when he’s lying down tbf
IMG_2600.jpg

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

I see we're getting a BBC fly on the wall documentary. Can't wait for episode 3 "Callumn Morrison gets tackled by a training cone"

Hopefully it started before Leveins sacking.