Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Just asking the question..twice I've seen McDonald and he is nowhere near the keeper McGovern is so far..is he in fact shite & were you happy to get rid?

He is not, in fact, shite, and I was not happy to get rid - quite the opposite, in fact - I'd have Jamie back in a heart beat.

Viddy all well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&a=&v=rk9SmRUsLpA&app=desktop

Edited by paranoid android

They're starting to get a bit too big for theirselves these days. Really hope we'll pump these wankers in a few weeks to finally shut them up.

You wont. Because your team will shit it as usual. :)

MacDonald is a great keeper and his kicking is a lot better than McGovern.

His only weakness is commanding his area for cross balls, apart from that you've got yourselves a cracking keeper mate, he'll save you quite a few points this season.

His only weakness is commanding his area for cross balls, apart from that you've got yourselves a cracking keeper mate, he'll save you quite a few points this season.

Yesterday he was commanding his area well that has always been a strong point for our keepers in past years.

Although it was the Shire he done what he had to yesterday.

Yesterday he was commanding his area well that has always been a strong point for our keepers in past years.

Although it was the Shire he done what he had to yesterday.

Jamie's a good keeper, I've never bought the "he doesn't command his box" stuff. He doesn't charge about trying to win things he can't. The only gripe I've ever had with him is his distribution, usually slow to release the ball and it's generally a punt upfield.

Good morning! I am trying to preview this coming season for every club in Scotland. I have started the Championship and today have finished the Hearts and Hibs previews. Firstly the only reason you come together is because I am doing two teams a day in alphabetical order, so apologies if you don't like being on the same page!

It would be great if people gave it a read and if I have made any mistakes or if there is any feedback then please do just let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Link

We signed Scott Gallacher from Rangers in the new signings bit, and we're definitely looking for cover at the back, as Levein tweeted about it before the Annan game. It will probably be a full back, preferably one that can cover both sides as we have more than enough cover at CB now and Paterson is out for a few weeks. Other than that, not bad.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Cheers for having a read, have added Scott Gallacher so thanks for pointing it out! You guys got high hopes for Buaben and Gomis in the middle? For a while they were outstanding together for us but have both lost their way a little since.

Cheers for having a read, have added Scott Gallacher so thanks for pointing it out! You guys got high hopes for Buaben and Gomis in the middle? For a while they were outstanding together for us but have both lost their way a little since.

In the two games I've seen of them, Gomis looks brilliant for us in the middle of the park. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have somebody like him in the middle of the park after putting up with what we had last season. Buaben apparently is still a bit off full fitness, as the last competitive game he played before joining us a couple of weeks ago was in April, but I'm certainly encouraged by what I've seen of him. Could do with being a bit more careful in his slide tackles though. Having them both, certainly helps pushing our full backs further forward and on a couple of occasions, overloaded well down the left flank especially.

Ideally, if Holt finds any kind of the form he showed in that purple patch we had at the end of last season, I'd like to see him break back in. I think in the tougher games like Rangers and HIbs, I'd expect Buaben and Gomis and remain as such, but if we're looking to be a bit more penetrative then Holt ahead of Buaben would be a better choice, simply because he is a lot better at recycling possession.

Was never convince about his kicking tbh.......good keeper though.