Premier League 2014/15

banana

I think if Long scored more goals he'd be going for around £20m. The rest of his game is superb.

And there's the big issue, he's a striker who doesn't score enough goals. In fact his finishing is awful at times. Still he's a more than capable deputy and will grab goals from the bench. I'm just not sure he was worth what they paid for him.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From your response to my post and Mark Connolly's I think it's fair to assume that you are a Man Utd apologist.

I noticed you mentioned nothing about the fact that Phil Jones blatantly blocked off Tadic? Man Utd would have done exactly the same in terms of running the clock down. To suggest otherwise would be naive.

Also I doubt there would be another club in the PL that would have done what Rooney did. Man Utd are struggling to deal with the humility that they require to show when they are defeated.

TD

Fair to assume? You're clearly not that bright if that's the assumption you've made.

I was speaking about your specific example, I couldn't give a f**k about man united (who were the very definition of bang average today, and got what they deserved).

I mentioned nothing about any other point because I was arguing with your specific point. Of course there are numerous examples where players are dicks, unsporting or otherwise.

Tadic is undoubtedly a player. I've not seen that much of saints this year but he was absolute class today when he came on. But from the playacting incident, to the not-being-ready to come on as sub, and also his moronic celebration, I've decided he's an utter cretin. He will join a long list of superb footballers who are cretins. It's just the way it is.

And there's the big issue, he's a striker who doesn't score enough goals. In fact his finishing is awful at times. Still he's a more than capable deputy and will grab goals from the bench. I'm just not sure he was worth what they paid for him.

As much as I want to agree, in terms of the English market it was a reasonable enough for price.

Problem is he's not as good as either Van Persie or Falcao. In the attacking midfield role he's not as good as Mata. You'd then be looking at him playing on the wings, which he'd simply refuse to do. Van Gaal came in with a reputation of having baws, but his reluctance to drop Rooney for better players belies this.

I'd rather have him than Falcao to be honest, but either way you're right in that LVG probably feels he needs to play Falcao - whether that's because he thinks he's better or because he was a huge signing so feels he has to play him. If I had to play all of them I'd probably go Falcao up front, with a 3 of Di Maria, Rooney and van Persie in behind, or switch one of them with Mata. You can only do that if you play 4-2-3-1 though, which he isn't doing.

So Moyes last year amasses 37 points from 21 games.

Under Van Gaal and the mammoth money splurged, Utd have now played 21 games and their grand points total is now.......

I was surprised to hear that stat earlier. I suppose their form last season tailed off further but Van Gaal is getting a ridiculously easy ride considering some of their performances this season.

Problem is he's not as good as either Van Persie or Falcao. In the attacking midfield role he's not as good as Mata. You'd then be looking at him playing on the wings, which he'd simply refuse to do. Van Gaal came in with a reputation of having baws, but his reluctance to drop Rooney for better players belies this.

Falcao pre-injury I'd have ahead of almost any striker in the world, but at the moment I think Rooney is a much better option.

Agree that Rooney isn't a great midfielder though.

I was surprised to hear that stat earlier. I suppose their form last season tailed off further but Van Gaal is getting a ridiculously easy ride considering some of their performances this season.

probably because moyes took over the championship winning team, and had them out of ALL european places by end of the season, his run in the CL was good but something that should have been expected from that man united team

This season Van Gaal has had to deal with a team that finished what? 7th last season? and were in total disarray on the park, taking champions to 7th is always going to get criticism from the off, taking on the team finishing 7th last season will always buy you time, to an extent

Man City being investigated by UEFA regarding some 'creative accounting' to get round FFP.

In short City paid 2 subsidiary companies of City Football Group £10million each in 'service charges' while the two subsidiary companies posted losses of around £35million on Man City related business - effectively funneling circa £25million of losses off into a subsidiary company. Further to this, City 'shed 145 staff from their wage bill' and around 130 of these staff became employed by the subsidiaries meaning they were taking the cost of Citys administrative staff.

This could be viewed as a major breach of FFP and city would be in breach of regulation for a second consecutive season. Further to this, City 'shed 145 staff from their wage bill' and around 130 of these staff became employed by the subsidiaries.

Be interesting to see if anything comes of this. I don't know what the FFP rules state in relation to this type of creative accounting.

So Moyes last year amasses 37 points from 21 games.

Under Van Gaal and the mammoth money splurged, Utd have now played 21 games and their grand points total is now.......

Moyes also took them to a Champions League quarter final, something that Van Gaal completely failed to do.

Someone at Southampton needs a major bonus for their transfer business in the summer.

Sold Lallana and replaced him with a better player in tadic for a 12 million profit.

Sold Lovren and replaced him with a better player in Alderwierled for a 15million profit.

Sold Shaw and replaced him with Bertrand (on loan) for a 30 million profit.

Really fantastic business. Plenty other clubs in the country should take a look at this rather than lumping silly money on average journeyman.

Even the loan signing of Elia to cover for Mane is a great piece of business.

To be fair, Alderveireld is only on loan. A fee of around £6.5mil has been agreed with a £1.5mil buyout for Athletico. However, Gardos has looked steady when called upon (Sheffield Utd aside...) and I thought he was excellent yesterday. I'd expect Bertrand to be made permanent but even if this doesn't happen there is a ready made replacement in Matt Targett who will probably be ready to hold down a first team place next season.

Agreed, however... Southampton do things the right way and have an outstanding youth setup to boot. Really exciting times at St Mary's just now.

I think if Long scored more goals he'd be going for around £20m. The rest of his game is superb.

Long can score goals but I don't see how he fits into our shape, he is utterly useless as a lone striker. I think that he was brought in to play when playing 4-4-2 but it really hasn't worked out so far. Looking forward to getting J-Rod back, hopefully some time later this month.

Are you indirectly calling for him to be sacked for being a racist here?

No - its worse.

He's going - 'look how ridiculous people are for crying racism' - even though he's the only one mentioning it. Its a common mistake of the PC Gone Mad brigade.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2905806/Charlie-Nicholas-did-not-need-need-apologise-confusing-Fernandinho-Fernando-Sky-Sports.html

Archived