Best pizza toppings

I like the meatfeasts with BBQ crust, failing that though, a ham and pineapple ( :whistle ) is my second choice, by the way where the f**k do you get beans and sausage on a pizza? That sounds fucking brilliant, this a home made thing or???

I like the meatfeasts with BBQ crust, failing that though, a ham and pineapple ( :whistle ) is my second choice, by the way where the f**k do you get beans and sausage on a pizza? That sounds fucking brilliant, this a home made thing or???

Heinz used to do an incredible one but discontinued it.

I often make my own pizzas. You can get good bases out the supermarket, although I often make my own. Smother on the sauce (a mix of tomato puree, Heinz tomato ketchup, HP sauce, Lea and Perrons Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt, pepper and a touch of Tobasco), layed on the beans, add the sausage (pre grilled to be only just cooked then cut however you want), then sprinkle the cheese over the top (usually a mixture of at least three added to a mixing bowl with a generous sprinkle of oregano put in then mixed up). Perfection.

Having loads of mozzarella on a pizza is a bit of a cunty thing to do as well. Even quality mozzarella offers pretty much no taste at all and ends up being a stringy inconvenience on a pizza. I just like to use the smallest amount for the sake of binding toppings together.

Having loads of mozzarella on a pizza is a bit of a cunty thing to do as well. Even quality mozzarella offers pretty much no taste at all and ends up being a stringy inconvenience on a pizza. I just like to use the smallest amount for the sake of binding toppings together.

You know your stuff. If I ever use Mozzarella then it's a really small amount on top. I prefer to have a mix of a mature cheddar and some other cheese for flavour. Depends on what I feel like. The cheese can't be too strong or else the flavour will just overpower everything else.

There's nothing worse than a mozzarella cheese slap to the chin.

As for pineapple, I think Terry Pratchett sums it up pretty well:

"There is such a thing as an edible, nay, delicious meat pie floater, its mushy peas of just the right consistency, its tomato sauce piquant in its cheekiness, its pie filling tending even towards named parts of the animal. There are platonic burgers made of beef instead of cow lips and hooves. There are fish 'n' chips where the batter is more than just a white goo lurking at the bottom of a batter casing and you can't use the chips to shave with. There are hot dog fillings that have more in common with meat than mere pinkness, whose lucky consumers don't apply mustard because that would spoil the taste. It's just that people can be trained to prefer the other sort, and seek it out. It's as if Machiavelli had written a cookery book.

Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza."

Haggis, bacon and red onion on a thin crust base with a bit of mozzarella and a wee touch of Stilton is amazing if making my own or pimping a shop bought pizza. Correct balance of ingredients needs sussing out, as does a slightly lower cooking temperature, but once mastered is pretty tasty.

Going to Florida in a few weeks. Very much looking forward to sampling some of their Pizzas.

Tried the hotdog/mustard crust from Dominos a while back and that was the baws.

Cicis pizza is supposed to be the place to go across there. Going in 3 weeks and had 4 people recommend it

Cicis pizza is supposed to be the place to go across there. Going in 3 weeks and had 4 people recommend it

Just looked that up, cheers!

Looks pretty good and quite close to where I am. Think I'll be giving it a bash.

Edited by Saints Bevy Squad

I had a chicken Korma pizza once. It was surprisingly good. Shish and chicken tikka calazone is the way to do it.

Pineapple, onion, mushroom and sweetcorn are all good toppings!

I had a pork and Orange pizza too, it was ok.

Tried to get the infamous ' Inferno ' from lidl today. None left and they don't know if they're getting them back! :o

If we're talking calzones, we're talking haggis curry calzones.

attachicon.gifhaggis curry.jpg

Tell me right fucking now where you can get that absolute beauty.

So glad I'm going to Fratellis for dinner. Been craving pizza since the creation of this thread.