Best pizza toppings

People that order a soft drink with their food because 'alcohol doesn't go with it' are, to a man, utter scum. I hate pineapple on a pizza as much as the next man, but this idea that you can't drink beer with food demolishes the pineapple pizza on the scumometer. What the f**k is wrong with you people?

Alcohol is for binging on *after* food. Drinking anything other than wine whilst you're eating a meal is pure Marvin Baird.

The little Chicago town microwave deep pizzas are tidy.

Are you 6 years old ?

This is turning into a more broad pizza discussion thread rather than just talking about the toppings , and for that reason I suggest the thread be locked.

You said you didn't like Pizza, I suggest you leave the normal people, that do like pizza, to carry on with discussion on cheeses melted on breads

Having a beer at home is OK with a meal.

Having a pint of Tennents with your filet mignon au jus when you're out with a group to show your some hard man that devours alcohol at every opportunity is neddy as f**k.

I don't think anyone on here was insisting one should accompany filet mignon with Tennents; that's a rather large leap you've made there. Personally, whatever the accompaniment, a gourmet would likely select a more flavourful cut of beef.

The discussion here was never "should you drink alcohol at every available opportunity", it was regarding the insanity of claiming that one shouldn't drink alcohol with a meal.

Alcohol is for binging on *after* food. Drinking anything other than wine whilst you're eating a meal is pure Marvin Baird.

I'll avoid having port with cheese or sherry with dessert henceforth.

I stuck some Feta Cheese and Spinach in with my pepperoni pizza and it was like the heavens opened when I ate it.

Can't say I'm a massive feta fan but spinach works great. Out for dinner other night and had pizza with mascarpone, roasted red peppers and spinach. Top shit.

I used to hate feta, but have come round to loving it over the last few years. You get a lot of rubbish feta in the supermarkets though.

A nice Greek salad is amazing in the summer.

You were always going to love it.
It was a feta accompli.

Lager works best for curry; a fairly light IPA (ie not the hop-crammed disasters popping up all over the place) works excellently with fish and chips, cleanses any excess grease from the batter or the chips. I don't find that beer works well with a pizza - though that probably depends on the toppings. For classic Italian toppings, wine is obviously the only valid option. Soft drinks alongside a savoury meal are for children and tramps.

I doubt that the figurative P&B bookies would have even opened a book for Mr Bairn and P45 beind outed as uncouth tramps once again though.

Lager works best for curry; a fairly light IPA (ie not the hop-crammed disasters popping up all over the place) works excellently with fish and chips, cleanses any excess grease from the batter or the chips. I don't find that beer works well with a pizza - though that probably depends on the toppings. For classic Italian toppings, wine is obviously the only valid option. Soft drinks alongside a savoury meal are for children and tramps.

I doubt that the figurative P&B bookies would have even opened a book for Mr Bairn and P45 beind outed as uncouth tramps once again though.

Fish and chips :lol:

Sit doon you absolute wreck.

An IPA goes well with a meat heavy pizza for the same reasons as fish and chips in that it cuts through the grease.

Dubbels like westmalle go well with a pizza as they have the full bodied flavour of a red wine but are lighter and have more alcohol for a clean after taste than other dark beers.

ETA it's hit and a miss but the right lambic can be fantastic with pizza.

Or yeah, you could have a bottle of American cream soda, I'm sure it's all the same.

Edited by invergowrie arab