Hibernian 2014/2015 season thread.

Butcher was an absolute disaster at Hibs and his track record isn't good enough to confidently predict he'd have turned it around. Getting a new guy in was probably the best thing they could do to try and lift the cloud and try and get a Hearts-esque feel-good factor going. Ideally it would have been done weeks ago, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seriously officially worried about Hibs right now. This has to be the worst i have ever felt as a Hibby in my lifetime. Like a few of the other posters have said we won't come back up next season and possibly for the next few seasons. Just hope Leeann has someone lined up by the end of the week and we can finally start preparing for the forthcoming season.

I understand the worry but I'm excited. A fresh start almost with a new manager, new CEO and new players to arrive. If McGivern and Nelson leave I'll be even more excited.

Think everyone would :lol:

It's not totally inconceivable that McCall would leave Motherwell for the same reasons that Butcher and Dempster joined Hibs. A very big risk though it has to be said.

Butcher joined you when you were a comfortably mid-table Premiership club, and he's been around for ages so he's unikely to have many ambitions beyond a club like Hibs. Dempster also agreed to join when you were in the Premiership, although, as a CEO, her decision is less football-orientated anyway.

McCall's stock just now is very high. Even if he wanted to go to a basket-case club then there are probably plenty in England who'll pay him more than Hibs. He'd be absolutely mental to go there.

Butcher was an absolute disaster at Hibs and his track record isn't good enough to confidently predict he'd have turned it around. Getting a new guy in was probably the best thing they could do to try and lift the cloud and try and get a Hearts-esque feel-good factor going. Ideally it would have been done weeks ago, though.

A Hearts-esque feel-good factor? :lol:

The 'feel-good factor' at Hearts is simply due to the plans to exit administration. You still need 4 or 5 decent players before you're able to field a team capable of challenging for the league.

The 'feel-good factor' at Hearts is simply due to the plans to exit administration. You still need 4 or 5 decent players before you're able to field a team capable of challenging for the league.

Being a Hearts fan right now is fucking brilliant. There's a great feeling at Tynecastle at the moment. Perhaps "Hearts-esque" is a bit strong because that's probably unattainable for Hibs right now (unless Abramovich buys them) but this can go some way to bridging the gap a wee bit.

It's not totally inconceivable that McCall would leave Motherwell for the same reasons that Butcher and Dempster joined Hibs. A very big risk though it has to be said.

I'd be shocked if Dempster hadn't sounded out McCall about the job, however I'd be even more shocked if McCall hasn't told her where to go.

Genuinely can't think of a reason why McCall would want to go to Easter Road at this moment in time.

McCoist has enough experience, his ability is in question. Neilson has learned the ropes coaching in the Championship, was he not assistant somewhere? Anyway, he has the vast experience of Levein to fall back on.

Murray has managed a part time side. It's a big ask for a guy with that experience to come in and transform a shambles of a club who need an entire new side.

Ian Murray has plenty of experience in the top flight as a player, and also knows the ins and outs of this level of football.

Calling him out for being a part time manager does him a complete disservice. When he took over Dumbarton, they were completely isolated at the bottom. By the end of the season, they were miles away from the relegation spaces. He's added a whole mentality of professionalism to them as a club in terms of outlook. For instance, he'll have the subs out at half time with a coach working on set training drills.

The irony of your post, is that outwith McCoist (who is a shambles of a manager) Neilson doesn't have the same hands on experience as Murray does. Even Craig Levein has relied heavily on the strength of the club at Hearts and United. Murray could well be your best bet as he knows what will be need to take Hibs forward. He'd bring in solid players and get the best out of them.

Of course, like most football fans it'll all come down to the now and any actual forward thinking plan which could be a solid long term strategy shouldn't be considered seriously...

Be warned, the last club with a feel good factor about here was Morton... :thumsup2

Being a Hearts fan right now is fucking brilliant. There's a great feeling at Tynecastle right now. Perhaps "Hearts-esque" is a bit strong because that's probably unattainable for Hibs right now (unless Abramovich buys them) but this can go some way to bridging the gap a wee bit.

:lol:

Ian Murray has plenty of experience in the top flight as a player, and also knows the ins and outs of this level of football.

Calling him out for being a part time manager does him a complete disservice. When he took over Dumbarton, they were completely isolated at the bottom. By the end of the season, they were miles away from the relegation spaces. He's added a whole mentality of professionalism to them as a club in terms of outlook. For instance, he'll have the subs out at half time with a coach working on set training drills.

The irony of your post, is that outwith McCoist (who is a shambles of a manager) Neilson doesn't have the same hands on experience as Murray does. Even Craig Levein has relied heavily on the strength of the club at Hearts and United. Murray could well be your best bet as he knows what will be need to take Hibs forward. He'd bring in solid players and get the best out of them.

Of course, like most football fans it'll all come down to the now and any actual forward thinking plan which could be a solid long term strategy shouldn't be considered seriously...

Also, Jackie Mc hasn't done too badly for an inexperienced manager...

Being a Hearts fan right now is fucking brilliant. There's a great feeling at Tynecastle at the moment. Perhaps "Hearts-esque" is a bit strong because that's probably unattainable for Hibs right now (unless Abramovich buys them) but this can go some way to bridging the gap a wee bit.

Hibs fans are probably at their lowest ebb while, in sharp contrast, this is probably our zenith. Perhaps you could argue that the summer of 2005 was better, but even that one started slowly in terms of transfer activity as well.

I'm not saying inexperienced managers can't do well ... Levein was at Cowdenbeath before he came to Hearts. I'm saying the current circumstances at Hibs are not ideal for a guy with a couple of years managing a part time club on his CV.

I agree with you, I'm just throwing that out there for arguments sake. There isn't really an obvious choice and I'm glad it's not me making the decision.

Hibs fans are probably at their lowest ebb while, in sharp contrast, this is probably our zenith. Perhaps you could argue that the summer of 2005 was better, but even that one started slowly in terms of transfer activity as well.

I think you're massively exaggerating the 'feel-good factor' at Hearts. You're still in administration, have just been relegated, have just appointed a complete rookie manager and are a number of signings away from being potential title challengers (which you may not be able to make). Literally the only thing that should bring a 'feel-good factor' is the plans to exit admin. And of course us being down with you.

Archived