Hibernian 2014/2015 season thread.

Pretty gutted about how much of a joke club Hibs have become over the last 5 years or so. This is only Rod Pertie diverting the attention from the fact he has not got a fvckin clue about football. He is a bean counter, a pretty good one actually, but a fucking bean counter all the same. I want Petrie gone as I attribute much of the downturn of onfield progress to him. He is a aloof p***k with not a care about the real heartbeat of the club, the fans.

it amazes me that someone who has made a right cvnt of a football club can remain in post.

I can see Ian Murray getting this, it being too soon for him in his managerial career, making a bit of a mess of things and Hibs being no further forward at this time next year.

Hope I am wrong though

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about it the more I think Murray might be a good choice. He knows the club and knows what the fans can be like. He knows the league and what it takes to get results.

I've accepted we're probably not going to get promoted this season and he'll get more time and understanding from the fans being a young manager and former captain.

Usual quotes about a clear-out, a fresh new start, an ambitious/young/talented/ex-Hibee/in tune with the fans manager [delete as appropriate], then giving them time to get the team right on and off the pitch.

And we've said this how often now after manager sackings?

Danny Lennon at 11/2 at Skybet. Surely Hibs won't pay compensation for someone already in a job after the money they would have spent hiring and firing Butcher.

Lennon for all his faults has been promoted twice with Cowdenbeath and did reasonably well with ourselves. Surely in with a shout

Will Hibs fans still be demanding Petrie goes? Will there still be demonstrations/protests to get him out? Surely if there is no confidence in Petrie you'll want him gone before the next manager is appointed as you won't want him having any part in picking the next manager?

What if he was to quit but thr comedy ineptitude continued?

From McBookie.

Next Permanent Hibernian Manager

Ian Murray 6/4

Owen Coyle 4/1

Stuart McCall 4/1

Alex McLeish 8/1

Tony Mowbray 8/1

Mixu Paatelainen 8/1

Steve Clarke 10/1

John Hartson 10/1

Kenny Shiels 12/1

Billy Reid 16/1

Neil Warnock 16/1

Craig Brown 20/1

Derek Adams 20/1

Considering the names in the frame, its almost certainly going to be Tor Ole Skullerud, or as a dark horse Ólafur Kristjánsson.

Ben Williams ripped him a new arsehole on the radio, basically just said he was a bullying simpleton with dinosaur tactics.

Not quite how the Evening News tried to paint him in that interview where he discussed his favourite art and politics :lol:

Did Hibs not know what they were getting with Butcher though? We played some utterly brutal long ball stuff at times but at the start of this season, whilst we did still retain this philosophy especially when chasing games, we had been playing some excellent passing football at real pace. It took Butcher the best part of four years to get us there. He was never going to do the same at Hibs in such a short space of time with players who were poorer than what he had at ICT.

Regardless, I think he's a welt and I would love to hear that interview :lol:

Will Hibs fans still be demanding Petrie goes? Will there still be demonstrations/protests to get him out? Surely if there is no confidence in Petrie you'll want him gone before the next manager is appointed as you won't want him having any part in picking the next manager?

Give that Saturday's protest has been and gone and they aren't going to keep coming back every few weeks and doing the same thing... and with Butcher being sacked today, which the majority of the support seem to have wanted... my expectation is they'll fade away.

What if he was to quit but thr comedy ineptitude continued?

Leanne Dempster will pick the new manager.

Give that Saturday's protest has been and gone and they aren't going to keep coming back every few weeks and doing the same thing... and with Butcher being sacked today, which the majority of the support seem to have wanted... my expectation is they'll fade away.

If they fade away they are going to look even more stupid, if that's possible. The protest has been #petrieout and comes across as completely pointless if thy give up when it's really butcher out...

Didn't Murray just sign a new deal at Dumbarton?

Yes, two year deal but money is no object for Hibs in their quest for the right man...

Too soon for Ian, who has actually done something in the league in comparison to fat waster at rangers and a hearts youth coach aye?

Ian Murray is on a part time wage in Helensburgh and his contract has a clause. This means next to nothing compensation from a board delighted he's kept them in the league to get not only the rangers money but the hibs and hearts now too. It's jackpot time for Dumbarton.

I still don't think he will be the next manager though.

Too soon for Ian, who has actually done something in the league in comparison to fat waster at rangers and a hearts youth coach aye?

Ian Murray is on a part time wage in Helensburgh and his contract has a clause. This means next to nothing compensation from a board delighted he's kept them in the league to get not only the rangers money but the hibs and hearts now too. It's jackpot time for Dumbarton.

Helensburgh?

Jackpot time? Our stadium holds just over 2000, I'd hardly call it jackpot time.

McCoist has enough experience, his ability is in question. Neilson has learned the ropes coaching in the Championship, was he not assistant somewhere? Anyway, he has the vast experience of Levein to fall back on.

Murray has managed a part time side. It's a big ask for a guy with that experience to come in and transform a shambles of a club who need an entire new side.

No decent manger will touch us now, think we'd be better going with a promising rookie with an experienced no 2 and them build something.

How can you be sure about the minimal compensation?

Archived