Hibernian 2014/2015 season thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what it comes down to in the end. He only had to keep the players on side for the rest of the season, keep them motivated and not got us relegated. It's a massive f**k up from an experienced manager who should have known better.

If he had of just made it to the end of the season he would have kept his job, I don't think he can have any complaints about being sacked.

It's also that he managed to get them relegated from an almost impossible position.

Hibs under Butcher were terrible, truly awful, yet they still came incredibly close to surviving. After the couple of early wins under him, getting relegated was ludicrously unlikely, and yet he pulled it off. To start the bottom six at the top of it after the split and yet get caught by all those sides in so few games was almost impressive. Blowing the play-off lead itself was borderline heroic.

Hibs could have been just about as pitifully awful and still clung on, but this most modest of ambitions was beyond them.

I don't really mind Butcher, but he somehow got it more spectacularly wrong than could be imagined. As above, he really cannot complain.

I was told that Scott Thompson was still on the books at Hibs but not involved in training. Seems weird if true.

No idea if Thomson is still on Hibs payroll but he was in the Cowdenbeath dug out for their play off match at Dunfermline.

Not surprised one bit to see that Hibernian-obsessed weirdo, Marshmallo, all over this thread.

Not that you are all over match threads that have nothing to do with you or your team, that is in between you being cracked over the head with a ban hammer.

So not much point in greeting about anyone else then. :lol:

I've seen Steve Lomas being linked to you guys on twitter.

Good manager, not particularly likeable though. He was at Saints for 18 months and took us into Europe twice, but occassionally gets banned from pubs for singing songs linked to Rangers.

I've seen Steve Lomas being linked to you guys on twitter. Good manager, not particularly likeable though. He was at Saints for 18 months and took us into Europe twice, but occassionally gets banned from pubs for singing songs linked to Rangers.

In that case, no thanks.

Hearts fans take absolutely everything far too serious.

Aye? You should have seen the response to my VERY SUBTLE feel-good factor chat the other night.

John Collins would be the ideal choice but can't see him back at Easter Road as long as Petrie is there.

Ian Murray would be my next choice as he has done as good a job at Dumbarton as Butcher did a bad one at Hibs.Ian seems to have matured a lot and always spoke sensibly in any interviews.He summerised at our play off final at Dunfermline, and came across well.

If Collins comes back it would be the evidence Petrie has no involvement in the club and he's been given they assurances.

For that reason it could be plausible he will be the next manager or top target.

If Collins comes back it would be the evidence Petrie has no involvement in the club and he's been given they assurances.

For that reason it could be plausible he will be the next manager or top target.

Don't think it'll be him now after the appointment of George Craig.

It's good for a change to see some changes being made to the footballing side of things in a positive way. Goes to show Petrie et al really didn't have a fucking clue with the changes Dempster has already implemented.

George Craig !!! Thought your club was trying to move forward, complete knob end and that is keeping it polite. Don't let him spend any money, his knowledge of football or running a football club could be written on a fag packet. Good Luck.

Don't think it'll be him now after the appointment of George Craig.

It's good for a change to see some changes being made to the footballing side of things in a positive way. Goes to show Petrie et al really didn't have a fucking clue with the changes Dempster has already implemented.

Craig, I believe will be overseeing the academy so fair play.

And aye, completely agree mate. Lassie comes in and changes fucking everything :lol:

George Craig !!! Thought your club was trying to move forward, complete knob end and that is keeping it polite. Don't let him spend any money, his knowledge of football or running a football club could be written on a fag packet. Good Luck.

He won't be. He's in charge of the academy.

He could be Fred West and I couldn't give a shite if he produces the goods.

Archived