West Transfer Thread

White Star

Have to say Gormley was only on the bench in the cup final due to an injury, he was number one striker that season and was outstanding capping it of with that quite superb goal. Fit and on form definitely the best striker in the Juniors. Trouble is he's quite moody and can be ineffectual if things are not going right. Another problem is that with Stephen White injured Tucker changed things about and it now requires a work rate up front that few players can deliver! Therefore at the moment Gormz is on the bench. Would love to see him stay and fight for his place, a lot of football to be played, and who would bet against Talbot in the Scottish final, perhaps Gormz could come of the bench and win it again.

How has he changed things about? Have only seen Talbot play one this season and I believe it was before White was injured.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How has he changed things about? Have only seen Talbot play one this season and I believe it was before White was injured.

Tucker has basically went from a 4-4-2 formation which he has used since taking over Talbot to a 4-1-4-1. which mean you need someone up top who will put in an endless amount of running, this is what Milliken brings to the team. After Whites injury and a couple of bad results I think tucker looked at his squad and decided to change the formation which to his credit has worked well so far. With Gormley moving to Clyde Talbot are thin on the ground I fully expect tucker to make a couple of signings soon.

sometimes 442 or 4141 or 433.532 or 118 118.

also saw a double diamond and a packet of crisps. :P

Have to say Gormley was only on the bench in the cup final due to an injury, he was number one striker that season and was outstanding capping it of with that quite superb goal. Fit and on form definitely the best striker in the Juniors. Trouble is he's quite moody and can be ineffectual if things are not going right. Another problem is that with Stephen White injured Tucker changed things about and it now requires a work rate up front that few players can deliver! Therefore at the moment Gormz is on the bench. Would love to see him stay and fight for his place, a lot of football to be played, and who would bet against Talbot in the Scottish final, perhaps Gormz could come of the bench and win it again.

You know far more about Gormley than I do, prob sounds like I was downing the guy, I'm not, however , just don't see him as the top striker in the juniors, he had an amazing 6 months or so, I would have Milliken, Wilson and Kenny Maclean before Gormley.

You know far more about Gormley than I do, prob sounds like I was downing the guy, I'm not, however , just don't see him as the top striker in the juniors, he had an amazing 6 months or so, I would have Milliken, Wilson and Kenny Maclean before Gormley.

Three very good players indeed, Milliken is one hell of an athlete which has in part created Gorley's dilemma, he is simply the best option at the moment. If he had Gormley's vision and quick feet he would not be in our grade. Wilson works do hard and has nearly thirty goals already this season. DG was simply sublime during the double season, but couldn't maintain those very high standards and got frustrated. Sad to see him leave and think Clyde is not an exciting prospect after Talbot, but good luck to him.

It seems if you drop down from talbot it is always a negative step. ?

To be pedantic, if you drop down from anywhere then the fact that you are going down would suggest a downward step and could fairly be deemed negative. However, I think I know where your coming from, but to be fair my words were "Clyde is not an exciting prospect after Talbot" six trophies, Scottish and league double, undefeated in the league, playing in front of big partisan crowds, one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland, I could go on. I know that Clyde have Barry at the helm and that they are technically in a higher grade, but I rest my case just the same.

undefeated in the league, your not counting the game at arthurlie then..

I suspect that you are perfectly aware that the venerable lady alludes to the wining of a league championship undefeated,rather than this season's campaign.

I suspect that you are perfectly aware that the venerable lady alludes to the wining of a league championship undefeated,rather than this season's campaign.

Yes, that is what I was alluding to my good man. The fact that we have a defeat on record this season in the league proves what an outstanding achievement that was to win the league, and a very tough one at that, undefeated, to get the Scottish as well was just an outstanding effort, one that I doubt will be repeated. Gormz was pivotal that season, can't see Clyde coming anywhere close to all that, sad to see him go but good luck to him, Talbot will move on I have no doubt.

Archived