Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as it pains me, I never thought I'd ever be critical of our committee with all they've done to make the club what it is. Sure, over the years the three amigos lived in their own wee world but things seem to have taken a noticeable downturn since the arrival of JH.
The way Mark Bradley, Stuart McArthur and now Danny have been treated is nothing short of a disgrace.
Who comes in as manager now? Who would want to? Is what was once one of the top jobs in junior football now a seen as a poisoned chalice?
The AGM should be interesting.

I'm not aware of the nuts and bolt's of how Linlithgow are run but the common theme seems to be to an outsider that the last 3 manager's were popular with the paying fans, were not admittedly enjoying the best of luck by way of result's but the feeling was that there was enough sign's that they should be given time. Much more obvious than this though is that there are people behind the scenes who are putting their own agenda before that of the club.

Any time I have been at Linlithgow and they have come through to Olivebank, it is clear they have a large, mobile, vocal support. I'm not nieve enough to think gate money is sustaining an operation of that size alone but isn't it case of supporters voting with their feet to try and effect change.? Hitting them in the pocket to show their dissatisfaction? I appreciate guys want their day out at the football and might not want to go down this route but it appears that the wishes of the Rose fans are being ignored and these decisions are being made to feed the ego and vanity of a few committee members.

I'm not aware of the nuts and bolt's of how Linlithgow are run but the common theme seems to be to an outsider that the last 3 manager's were popular with the paying fans, were not admittedly enjoying the best of luck by way of result's but the feeling was that there was enough sign's that they should be given time. Much more obvious than this though is that there are people behind the scenes who are putting their own agenda before that of the club.

Any time I have been at Linlithgow and they have come through to Olivebank, it is clear they have a large, mobile, vocal support. I'm not nieve enough to think gate money is sustaining an operation of that size alone but isn't it case of supporters voting with their feet to try and effect change.? Hitting them in the pocket to show their dissatisfaction? I appreciate guys want their day out at the football and might not want to go down this route but it appears that the wishes of the Rose fans are being ignored and these decisions are being made to feed the ego and vanity of a few committee members.

the FOLR organisation just handed over a cheque for ten grand this season.thats money donated by fans.

the guys who run the FOLR put a hell of a lot of unpaid time and effort into this organisation for the benefit of the club.

whether its through producing a great monthly magazine and other fund raising events.just to let it be known lrfc has nothing to do with the folr but they do accept a cheque every year.(btw the guys cant sell the magazine inside the club before a home game in case it affects the raffle sales.or just inside the gates for the same reason) they can sell them though after the raffle sellers have been round the club.aye fvckin still raging :angry:

Bonnyrigg finished 7th in the league. They lost under McGlynn almost as many league games as they won........is this a step forward for the Rose ?

Sounds like a step forward for one of the Roses and it ain't the one that plays in Linlithgow.

Bang goes the whispers that it was AMcG then :)

Although he was adamant on Saturday at the poty that he was 100% not interested.

Anyway besides that it's the fans I feel for. It's a horrible predicament to be put in by a few individuals who seem to be suffering from egoitis! By satisfying their own agenda they're pissing off the loyal fans who pay good money to watch their beloved team. I do agree with another poster that maybe it's time to hit them in the pocket & refuse to attend the home games till such times as the rest of the committee grow a set & remove the individuals who seem hell bent on making the club a laughing stock!

Good luck to Davy. He'll need it!

Archived