Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuzzy, did the article in Thursday paper refer to your family?

Congratulations to all concerned.

Don't think Fuzzy is related to anyone from Uruguay?

Only kidding congratulations Grandpa Fuzzy :thumsup2

Probably right lithgie but I also agree with the dug. Diack has to show a hell of a lot more. To be honest he was rotten most of the time.

Although it's hard to disagree so far - I feel sometimes players need to be given time to settle and establish themselves. History has shown that not every successful player in a Rose jersey has been a star from day one. Tommy Coyne took an absolute age to score when he first arrived and recall many similar comments to that currently being levelled at Diack - and now can't stop scoring.

For me the previous track record of Diack means he warrants respect and a chance to prove himself. Don't forget it was his goal against Hill of Beath which put you in the final. A final which he was involved in the first goal and scored a good goal to win the cup for us. So after a slow start to his Linlithgow career the green shoots are now starting to appear.

Although it's hard to disagree so far - I feel sometimes players need to be given time to settle and establish themselves. History has shown that not every successful player in a Rose jersey has been a star from day one. Tommy Coyne took an absolute age to score when he first arrived and recall many similar comments to that currently being levelled at Diack - and now can't stop scoring.

For me the previous track record of Diack means he warrants respect and a chance to prove himself. Don't forget it was his goal against Hill of Beath which put you in the final. A final which he was involved in the first goal and scored a good goal to win the cup for us. So after a slow start to his Linlithgow career the green shoots are now starting to appear.

I get all you are saying however, I feel that he isn't as good a player (for the style of football we like to play) as Smith etc. Time will tell if it comes good for him but it annoys me that he is keeping one of our other proven strikers out.

On the subject of giving players time. Isn't it funny how some are afforded this time and others not (not a dig at anyone in particular btw)

I get all you are saying however, I feel that he isn't as good a player (for the style of football we like to play) as Smith etc. Time will tell if it comes good for him but it annoys me that he is keeping one of our other proven strikers out.

On the subject of giving players time. Isn't it funny how some are afforded this time and others not (not a dig at anyone in particular btw)

The best example of this (for me) was Brian Thorpe when he came from Berwick to Linlithgow he was probably the worst player I had seen for a long time - although you would have never faulted his attitude. Yet the following season he turned into a top class right back and became a firm favourite by all for his performances.

As I said in my original post I can't disagree with any opinions voiced about Diack.

But the real trick (like with Brian Thorpe) is knowing when to perservere and when to say enough!! Thankfully that is ultimately a decision for Danny to make and I have no doubt he will make the correct call.

Correct - Chris Wilson never got the opportunity of a run to show what he may have offered given that opportunity. Richie McKillen at left back was immense most of last season.

I don't think it would be fair on the lad for any Rose Fan to judge him to harshly or make their minds up on his ability. History tells us many Rose players take time to settle into the team etc - and that requires games which Chris didn't get.

Good Luck to both him and Stevie Meechan wherever they may end up and I for one wish them well

Dosen't surprise me that Richie McKillen has been a success at Linlithgow imo a he was very under rated. Played under 4 managers at Glens and was a first pick almost every game and by all accounts has had an outstanding season so it was always going to be hard for Wilson to break into the team.Don't remember to much about Wilson when Glens have played the Bankies but must be decent to have played for Scotland Juniors

Hope all my Linlithgow friends and relatives enjoyed the Fair yesterday - I know one close relative enjoyed an early dram before breakfast to set him up for the day ahead and his input to the day was appreciated

Hope all my Linlithgow friends and relatives enjoyed the Fair yesterday - I know one close relative enjoyed an early dram before breakfast to set him up for the day ahead and his input to the day was appreciated

its a gala day!;)

Ay 2 good players gona be hard to keep them all happy co co coyne smith dyack kelby batchelor mklenan bro but thats Dannys Job.

It depends on what system is employed by Danny as a number of these players can play several positions. Certainly going to keep these players on their toes - competition is healthy!!

Archived